How did you not! I NEVER cry over books and I dried after that book! It is a master piece! My favorite book has to be "Good Dog" though! SO good!
If you wanna know a book I did cry over....the last book in the Wingfeather Saga, The Warden and the Wolf King. I sobbed for a day over that book.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer is also a tearjerker

Last edited:
Guess I should follow directions and do the intro. :oops:

Name: Mae (aka Xouie)
Favorite book(s) : The Talisman by Peter Strauss and Stephen King
Current book: Double Sin, an Agatha Christie anthology
How I read: cheap paperbacks from library book sales and the segunda
What I read: almost exclusively fiction. *I read enough alleged nonfiction professionally.* ;) My tastes lean strongly toward mystery, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, and a bit of adventure.

As my idea of an enjoyable book runs in the direction of Pet Semetary and Conan the Cimmerian, I’m not really a deep enough reader to go in for group reads. But I’ll greatly enjoy seeing the discussions.

Just wondering, how many books do you all read, say, over the summer?

I'm a very avid reader so I would like to see how many is like the average

We do a lot of camping and fishing in summer, which is the fake-sportsman way of saying “sit in a folding chair by the lake and read”. Since I also have to mom during that time though, it’s probably only 2 books per week.

I've read A Wrinkle in Time.

Same.

DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE.
(The books are always better than the movie, except for a few cases, How to Train Your Dragon being one of them.)

Name: SBFChickenGirl (Though you can call me SBF for short)
Favorite book(s): I don't have a favorite, but I loved Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Murder on the Orient Express, books by Gary Paulsen, as well as Left Behind.
Current book: Apollyon (#5) in Left Behind by Jerry B Jenkins.
How I read: Physical books are my favorite but I will read online books.

The books are almost always better. But the worst book to movie adaptations are Eragon and Percy Jackson *shivers* they're just awful! Although I am excited for the Percy Jackson tv show that's coming out in Disney plus in a few years

Back
Top Bottom