Book template

Mary Of Exeter

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
Rowan County, NC
Does anyone know how to set up (or where I can download) a template for the pages of a book? Last year in class we made our own children's books, using regular copy paper. The template was set up to where when you print it front and back and fold it in half, the pages would fall in order once bound. I lost the template, and now everywhere I look...all I find are ones with the pages in order...which when you fold, doesn't work. Because then page 1 may be in the front, but 2 will be the very last page, etc.
I'm trying to picture it in my head to set it up on my own, but my brain just isn't wanting to crank this morning
caf.gif

Well, I took out some paper, prefolded, wrote what I wanted on each page, and now I think I have the hang of it on word. Test printing each page to see if it comes out as I planned. A lot more work than I hoped to put into it, but it's not so bad. So if it works out okay, then I'll have a template to share with you guys.
Title, Dedication, Copyright, 14 pages, and an About the author section.

I figured it out! Wooh!
lol.png

Here it is for downloading
smile.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5m5mn2iqmj

ETA: It is easier to put it into the template after you type it. To make it even easier, I would type it all out first with page setup as:
Margins - all 1", gutter 0"
Orientation - landscape
Multiple pages - 2 pages per sheet

That way it's set up exactly like the template, so that when you copy your pages over into it, the writing fits in nicely without it accidentally going over to the next page (which can make a mess as it moves the page numbers/titles down).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom