Booted Bantam Thread

I've got no plans to get into the booteds. I haven't seen any shown around hereso far. I just got these in order to get more d'uccles. I can sell you any booteds I hatch. I think one or two of my porcelain chicks are beardless if you're interested.

I just feel that it's too stressful. I know day old chicks get shipped all of the time just fine, but I won't do it. I spend a lot of time and money caring for and choosing breeders and I'm not going to stick the product of that in a box the day after they hatch. I feel like once they are a few weeks old, have learned to eat and drink and develop some strength, then they can more safely be shipped. Even better if they are a few months old.

Yes they are. The correct name is Sablepoot. They are a founding breed of the Duccle and when they are crossed you will end up with both bearded and non bearded birds. The problem is that beards will be small. Back shapes will be wrong. Duccles will have large wattles ect. I have a pair in Alaska and I am trying to figure out what to do with them!

Mine are millie from Duccle parents. They came with my Duccle chicks. Nice proper carriage for Sablepoot. Nice color, so far at 4 months. Nice boots but featherless middle toe. Some of their siblings have nice toes, so I am hoping for that to pop up in chicks. They are not as friendly as the Duccles.

Back
Top Bottom