Booted Bantam Thread

For those of you who don't know, BB's are just muff and beardless D'Uccles. They tend to weigh a little more and have longer necks. I own both D'Uccles and Booteds and I love them just the same. So come here to ask questions, show pictures and tell us about your Booted Bantams!
Very pretty. How old are they?

My Porcelain Booted Pair, Bonnie & Clyde

Last edited:
There are a few people here in GA that raise them. I have 2-a porcelain and a golden neck, both pullets. I plan on showing them this fall. So far I haven't seen any being shown.

They are about 9 months old and the hen is still not laying. I don't know anyone around here in IL that raise these guys or D'Uccles. When did your guys start laying?

Wow. Is the roo crowing or mating? Thats odd. My Duccles and Sablepoots are only 4.5 months. Crowing. No eggs or mating. But courting. My seabright Duccle pullets 5.5 months have begun to lay. What do u feed? Mine eat lots of scraps, suet coated Boss and seed and the occasional lay pellet.

Last edited:
The roo is crowing and mating my RIR bantam and Phoenix hens that are in the pen with him. The two hens don't lay because they are currently raising chicks. The only one that is laying is the RIR. We feed a mix or cracked corn, layer pellets, and sunflower seeds. They get "treats" which is mostly eggshells, greens, fruit and bread.

She hasn't began to sqwat and her face isn't very red. We bought them in late summer when she should have been laying. I don't think she's started yet.

Last edited:
Then she is not sexually mature yet. That is odd. Though come to think of it. We bought a golden laced Polish pair back 30 years ago. The hen had a cross beak and though she stayed with her beautiful! Roo her entire life and he took wonderful care of her. She never layed and he never mated her. He would the other hens we gave him, but never her and lord help anybody that got a sqwalk out of her. He would flog the bejeezes out of me when I would get her to trim her beak! She lived 13down years.

Last edited:
Whenever I went to pick her up today she sqwatted. The story about the Polish birds was so sweet. My two bantams stay together and they will call to eachother is they get separated.

Back
Top Bottom