Pics
Aaww:love How old is Daisy?
She is 7 years old!😊
Bostons are so variable, especially if they come from not-so-careful breeders. They range from 10-30 lbs, some have floppy ears, some have longer noses than others, etc.
Yeah we got her for free because her original owner wanted her to go to a good home! She’s the sweetest dog we’ve had (we hadn’t had much luck with the others)!😉

I just noticed this was revived while i was gone hahah whoops. :oops: they are such cuties :love
I'm surprised there aren't more Bostie owners here.

Anyway, I thought others might like to see this:

My mom made this quilt for me and I cut out the applique which is based off of my first Boston Terrier who passed away in 2016. :love

My BT is a mix from a rescue (we don’t know what his dad was), and he is the smartest dog I’ve ever owned! Lots of energy, learns commands in about 2 minutes, and we call him a Velcro dog (he has separation anxiety so we have to leave him in a crate when no one is home or he gets nervous & chews) but he is always attached at the side of one of us when we are home.

When we are doing chores outside he will follow along to “help”, does a great job keeping critters out of the yard, is docile and not-dominant, and super lovable. We think he’s a pit bull mix, but has shown ZERO aggression and just likes to be snuggled and loved.

Best dog I’ve ever owned/been around. (Our 5th dog, plus I had 2 growing up and DH had 2 growing up so best of 10!)

Here’s my good boy Waylon:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Attachments

• D31C8255-013E-447A-8607-605074636ACE.jpeg
    D31C8255-013E-447A-8607-605074636ACE.jpeg
    571.5 KB · Views: 3
My BT is a mix from a rescue (we don’t know what his dad was), and he is the smartest dog I’ve ever owned! Lots of energy, learns commands in about 2 minutes, and we call him a Velcro dog (he has separation anxiety so we have to leave him in a crate when no one is home or he gets nervous & chews) but he is always attached at the side of one of us when we are home.

When we are doing chores outside he will follow along to “help”, does a great job keeping critters out of the yard, is docile and not-dominant, and super lovable. We think he’s a pit bull mix, but has shown ZERO aggression and just likes to be snuggled and loved.

Best dog I’ve ever owned/been around. (Our 5th dog, plus I had 2 growing up and DH had 2 growing up so best of 10!)

Here’s my good boy Waylon:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
What a good boy! I bet he's a great size being a Boston mix. I like dogs that I can easily pick up if I need to (especially when they get older!).

My first Boston was really smart and learned quickly like that, but my current Boston is the slowest learner I've ever had. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and smarts, I guess! 😁

What a good boy! I bet he's a great size being a Boston mix. I like dogs that I can easily pick up if I need to (especially when they get older!).

My first Boston was really smart and learned quickly like that, but my current Boston is the slowest learner I've ever had. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and smarts, I guess! 😁
He’s bigger than expected, about 35 lbs which is probably my max to pick up! 😂

We haven’t had any chickens in my yard yet (next year!) but we have brought him to the farm numerous times. He ignored the quail pen and chicken run…I think he might try to chase free range chickens but he is such a good listener I will be working with him as soon as the chicks get here next year. He won’t touch food or his dog bowl unless we give him the go-ahead. I even put my hand in the bowl while he is eating and he moves away until I am done touching his food. He “drops” on command as well. I would never let him out with chickens if we weren’t there to supervise but I am hopeful he will be a quick learner!

If he keeps the one fox in our area out, he would have done more than I can ask. He keeps the deer out of the garden so that’s his main job right now!

Were/are yoru dogs good w your chickens?

Were/are yoru dogs good w your chickens?
We don't let them have access to the chickens. I'm not up for the training at this point. My Boston is obsessed with small animals and will stare at the chickens through the fence in a stalking position for as long as you let her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom