Aug 26, 2020
I have posted about his chick before regarding what breed it may be. Based on the low quality lacing that is coming in I’ve decided on a SLW mixed with… something. I bought it as a pullet from the rare breed assortment from Meyer. It is only three weeks but it’s hard for me to call this chick a pullet with a big pink comb sticking in my face 😞 is there such a thing as a 3 week old pullet with this much comb?
144CEB79-E9C4-4CDE-8471-8EAC1D57A9FF.jpeg
BCAF973E-97B1-47A1-A840-D7D1D29629B4.jpeg

I have posted about his chick before regarding what breed it may be. Based on the low quality lacing that is coming in I’ve decided on a SLW mixed with… something. I bought it as a pullet from the rare breed assortment from Meyer. It is only three weeks but it’s hard for me to call this chick a pullet with a big pink comb sticking in my face 😞 is there such a thing as a 3 week old pullet with this much comb?View attachment 2886276View attachment 2886277
Juvenile Plumage Pattern is often different from the adult pattern in the adult plumage.

100% Wyandotte.

Yeah they aren’t on the rare breed list for meyer but maybe there was a mistake🤷‍♀️ If it does turn out to be a cockerel I’d like to keep it but I already have two rooster and I’m afraid they wouldnt get along

It's a silver laced wyandotte. Honestly I would wait a few more weeks, the red is alarming, but wyandottes are known to redden up fast. So I would just give it a few more weeks to be sure.
Agreed. Some Wyandotte pullets get red quick, but don't develop. They just sort of keep that little splash of red there in the comb. Cockerels will just keep getting more red and developed as the weeks go by.

Post updated pics at 6-8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom