bought eggs but seller hasn't shipped yet! NEW UPDATE!

Liexicof15

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Tampa
I need some advice. I won some BCM eggs in an auction on Ovabid over a week ago. I paid with paypal just a few hours after the auction ended. I have had no contact with the seller at all. I have emailed her on Ovabid twice, and there has been no response. To be specific, the auction ended 9/29, and I paid 9/30. Today is 10/8, and still no eggs, no email, nothing! What do I do? Can I get my money back?
somad.gif

Last edited:
No, it just said that the eggs would ship after payment cleared. I paid with Paypal on 9/30..... and still nothing.

Even if they waited until Monday, I think you would have gotton them by now. I hope they come soon. Mine took 6 days for me to get them. But I have been burned before, from someone on BYC.
somad.gif
I have no experience with Ovabid. Good luck and don't give up. Paypal should help you with a claim. Let us know what happens.

Last edited:
Yeah I would get ahold of paypal if you haven't gotten them yet. It sucks getting burnt because then you have a hard time trusting anyone . Same thing happened to me on Ebay
he.gif

somad.gif

rant.gif

somad.gif

rant.gif

I bought these RIR Bantam eggs and the seller didnt even send me a Track number. I think that should be a red flag and a warning sign to us who bought eggs. anyway he said he sent them but a week passed and still no eggs. So I let him know that I didnt recieve them. So he said okay Ill send you more. well i never did get those ones either so I opened a case with PayPal and Ebay telling them what had happen. Thats when you know what hit the fan. He came back saying I never let him know that I didnt get the original package. But I had the emails as proof save your emails. Well he did rembuirse my money but was upset about it ,.

He told ebay that he didnt have time to train someone like me on the ways of Ebay.. I was like whatever. Needless to say I didnt give him a good feedback. At least I got my money back and he didnt steal it.. But sucks i was out of eggs.

Maybe I've just been spoiled, but most people I've bought eggs from have contacted me after the auction with a shipping date and usually a tracking number. I've never had someone NOT contact me and the eggs just showed up..... this is making me very suspicious.

Whoa, this sounds fishy...I would certainly go to PayPal at this point. Maybe...just maybe, I'd be "nice" enough to let the seller know that if I didn't hear anything back in the next 24 hours, I was going to start the process. From a legal standpoint, paper trails are so key...showing that you tried (and tried...and TRIED), just makes them look worse and supports your case. So sorry that you've had such a terrible experience, though! Good luck!

i always send emails to people who win my acutions. i always send a tracking number. my problem is getting them to answer my emails and leave feedback. i would definitly contact paypal.

Back
Top Bottom