Bought this coop online... any reviews on these coops?

I use mine for my girls but its just for sleeping in, they free range daylight hours.
It seems to be fine (woodwise) no warping or shrinking etc and I think when I finally (if ever) get a big coop done,
roll.png
I will use it for when someone needs isolation or maybe even for babies.

I have that same coop. We have since added a run about 12 feet long and 4 feet wide. The coop is pretty small. We use it for our babies until they graduate to the main coops. We have had the coop for a couple of years, and except for the door sticking after it rains, it has held up very well.

I looked at the Critter Cages. We get lots of wind and we were afraid it would blow over. We bought an Amish coop. It is heavy and sturdy, but by the time we had added all the options it got a little expensive. The largest pen it came with 3 x 5 was way too small, so we had to contract out and have another larger pen for another $600. If I had to do it again...I would have gotten one of the sheds from Home Depot and converted it to a chicken coop and then added a pen. I think that is the best way to go if you aren't handy and can't build it totally from scratch.

I bought the Chick-N-Lodge and so wish I hadn't. It's way too samll and I don't like the design at all. I have 2 barred rocks, 2 golden comets, and 2 auraunca - they are about 7 weeks old na it is tight already. I live in VT and this would not make it in the winter. We will start building a coop this weekend. And it did look bigger in the pipcture:(

Back
Top Bottom