Bought two F2 Olive Egger Pullets. Is 1 a Cockerel?

Unfortunately, unless the chicken is a sex-link or autosexing breed, the chances of someone outside of a hatchery Being able to accurately tell gender of chicks is very small. Vent sexing is a tough skill to learn. And even with an experienced person, at best they are 90% accurate.

Unfortunately, unless the chicken is a sex-link or autosexing breed, the chances of someone outside of a hatchery Being able to accurately tell gender of chicks is very small. Vent sexing is a tough skill to learn. And even with an experienced person, at best they are 90% accurate.
Yes, I’m aware. I don’t hold it against them. 😁

Thank you everyone! Shucks!!!! Very frusterating! Lol so my follow up question is, when it comes to breeding, I know you breed a dark layer roo to a blue egg layer hen. However, what if an olive egger roo is used instead? What would the eggs potentially look like?

Chart may be helpful, but would be good to know what breeds were used to create your olive egger.
027ca0c2101e3f9f5cae55b127fbc311.jpg

So breeding your F2 gives you greater chances of getting dark brown eggs from the offspring, but also opens up a slew of other possibilities!

Back
Top Bottom