Bought two F2 Olive Egger Pullets. Is 1 a Cockerel?

Alanna

Songster
11 Years
Jun 8, 2012
Hi everyone! So I bought two F2 Olive Eggers that I was told were both pullets. I’m needing second opinions as I’m pretty sure one is a cockerel. I actually bought 8 chickens total from same person and I believe at least half are males. These two are now about 16 weeks old I think. She didn’t have a hatch date for me when I picked them up but said they would start laying within a couple months. The blue/lavender I can tell is a pullet for sure. The dark one is a little smaller but has quite the read comb. Also the tail feathers arent looking very pullet-ey to me either. Lol
AD2BFE8E-BE12-4E39-94B9-D8797B7AA59A.jpeg
E610FEC5-E554-449C-93B1-931BE3A5DD35.jpeg
30FC4A5D-6C36-49CB-ACC0-1C6F9481D87C.jpeg

Thank you everyone! Shucks!!!! Very frusterating! Lol so my follow up question is, when it comes to breeding, I know you breed a dark layer roo to a blue egg layer hen. However, what if an olive egger roo is used instead? What would the eggs potentially look like?
Maybe....moss egger egger eggs if it was to a brown layer hen, and pale olive If to a blue layer?

Unfortunately, unless the chicken is a sex-link or autosexing breed, the chances of someone outside of a hatchery Being able to accurately tell gender of chicks is very small. Vent sexing is a tough skill to learn. And even with an experienced person, at best they are 90% accurate.

Back
Top Bottom