bout how much does one sell a dozen farm fresh eggs?

amiranda, do you have people in your area selling eggs? Check out their prices to see what going rates are.
Here in Upstate NY I usually see them for sale for $2.50-3.00/ dozen, so much less than people were posting here. It varies so much by location!

I live in northern New Hampshire, I have 26 Rhoad island reds laying daily, I was thinking on selling them for 3.00 a dozen or 2 for 5. I have been buying cartons on Amazon, and ask people i give eggs too, return cartons. Im really not trying to make money just trying to offset feed cost.

I am in east central wisconsin. The going rate around here is 2.50 to 3.00. I just posted my eggs for sale and someone asked if I would sell for 1.50! I refused that offer. To me that is too low and I will find customers elsewhere

I live in Suffolk Va and we sell our dozen for $4.00. We had started at $3.00 but the eggs got larger so we raised the price. We mainly sell them to people we work with and everyone knows we have chickens and sell eggs so we are constantly being given cartons all the time from everyone. We get them so often, I keep having to rethink where to store them......I think also if you sell your eggs in a variety of colors versus all brown or white, the price can be a bit higher for the novelty. My coworkers rave about how they taste so they say even if we had to raise the price again they would not mind....

I sell mine for $3.50 a dozen or $5.00 for 18. I have a hard time keeping up with demand, although there are times when I have extras to give to my parents and other family members. If the market will support $4.00 a dozen, I think that's a fair price for home raised farm fresh eggs.

Northern Illinois, $5 a dozen, anything less and I cook them up and feed them back to the birds... My repeat customers have no complaints at that price, in fact one of my repeat customers even buys me cartons when I run low as a thank you, and doesn't even asked for or expect reimbursement...

Around me $5 is still bellow the price for 'premium' eggs in the local grocery stores...

Last edited:
Northern Illinois, $5 a dozen, anything less and I cook them up and feed them back to the birds... My repeat customers have no complaints at that price, in fact one of my repeat customers even buys me cartons when I run low as a thank you, and doesn't even asked for or expect reimbursement...

Around me $5 is still bellow the price for 'premium' eggs in the local grocery stores...
That's great about the cartons! I work at a prison and the cook foreman in food service collects cartons for me and send them over with an inmate. I really appreciate not having to buy cartons. My repeat customers will recycle the cartons too, because the savings get passed on to them.

Back
Top Bottom