bowing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
Seriously, why does everyone take everything so personal or have to attack people because of they don't agree with a post. I am going to just stick to the incubating, raising chicks, and buy-sell-trade sections(where people are supportive and nice). I have never been posted against so rudely. I am disappointed that people just can't be nice or tactful when they disagree. I will no longer be shaing anything on this forum. I am now bowing out gracefullly......
Thank you

Last edited:
Wow Krista what happened? Apparently I missed something, but I agree - why DO people have to attack. I have not it happen on this site, but I have on others. It's a poopy feeling. Don't leave because of some.

:aww I dont know what made you feel this way because there are so many posts on here, its hard to keep up. But take a deep breath, I hope you feel better in the morning
smile.png

I found the thread. You know that the moderators here do what they can to keep things on an even keel for everyone. If any one of them feels that posts to a comment are going to get out of control, they shut it down. And they should, because we are all here for information and fun. Commeraderie too. While I would love to bash one candidate over another, this probably is not the place. I hope you don;t feel it was personal. The mods here aren't like that.

I have found that even tho a person doesnt mean it rudely,it looks like it when its typed out..even after I look back at some of my own a day or so later they look kindof rude and I never meant it that way at all,but maybe was in a hurry or just didnt word it the way I wanted to..dont take it too heart..I never do..lol

Sorry that you were offended / felt attacked by a member of the forum.

A few thoughts for everyone to keep in mind:

1) Communication over the net / typing (especially in a casual environment where people type as they think) is VERY tricky.

2) It is VERY easy to misunderstand something and take offense, then reply defensively / offensively. Often the original poster didn't mean offense, but then says, "Why is this person (the second member) attacking me!?" and the process cycles downward from there. Before getting offended take a breath and ask yourself, "Was there anything that I typed that could have been misinterpreted as offensive."

3) If anyone ever feels offended, DO NOT post publicly any form of retaliation or personal attack. If you feel wronged by someone, take it to PM, i.e., PRIVATE message, or contact a moderator with the details of the situation.

4) In general 90% of the time there are hurt feelings on a forum it was because of poor communication on either the sending and/or receiving end. If we all take a breath and try to communicate effectively and let stuff roll off us, we'll all be much better off.

With all that said, I'll emphasize that if any member is "attacking" another member publicly or privately it is up to the other members to report this to the BYC Staff.

Cheers!

Well, i looked up her posts and the only one i could find that she got a kind of negative response on was a post about the changes in the republican and democratic house. Im not sure the posts were that negative, so i was wondering if that was the cause of all of this. I hope not. People should be nice to each other, but a discussion can be different sides of the same discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom