Box Trailer as hatcher and brooder room

BigBirdHatcher

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Odessa
Ill try to make this short and to the point.
I moved to west texas for a job and my boss provides me my own house with all bills paid but he doesnt want an incubator set up in the house.
He told me that he has an semi truck box trailer that i could frame out and insulate it to make a hatching and brooding room.
Would this work ?? Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated ?? Design ideas welcome as well.
My biggest concern is finding a way to have fresh circulating air inside for incubation.

Anybody have any ideas ??
hmm.png

seems like it could be a cool solution...not sure how I would make it work either...can you post a picture or two of it? it may help people give you some ideas?

Im not sure how to post pictures even if i could.
It isnt here and i dont think ive been here long enough to post pictures.
It is just a regular long box trailor for a semi truck, without a drop deck.

It would work beautifully. You'd run a couple of extension cords out there and have a nice big hatching and brooding room.

Install a fan for air circulation. It it is a hot area, work out some sort of wired door to cover the main doors and leave those open during the day.

if you dont want to run extension cords they make solar fans or solar kits for lights and fans put a fan in pivot area and have hardware cloth doors leave in them open during day frame out for broody area and grow out area would be nice

Good idea with the solar power, I didnt even think about that.
Do yall think that there is enough frash air in the trailer to last over night if i close the doors. And possibily enough to last for more then 24 hours due to sand storms ??

lol I plan on hatching as many as i can get my hands on !!
big_smile.png

Im going to buy a couple new GQF incubators and hatchers to get me started

Back
Top Bottom