boy or girl? and who is my dad?

In order to have sexlinked offspring , the hen must be silver based and the roo must be red/gold based.

The chick in question may look like a black sex link female but it cannot be if its mother is red/gold based.

In order to have sexlinked offspring , the hen must be silver based and the roo must be red/gold based.
The chick in question may look like a black sex link female but it cannot be if its mother is red/gold based.
Or a barred hen under a solid roo, which is kinda what the darker chick looks like, but it's also just a common mixed breed color.

That pretty barred rock roo would have thrown barred offspring, so he's not the daddy of either chick. If your only other roo is that nice red fellow, he's the daddy.

And do you know for sure the buff orp laid the egg, not just brooded someone else's egg?

they are to young to tell the gender on right now. wait a few more weeks...i can tell you the barred rock is not the father

Oh yes you are right,I mixed the genders for the BSL
he.gif
, sorry still learning.

Last edited:
The mom. Was supposed. To be a BO. However chancesare its not. Due to colouring. The others. Are RIR. BR. Or RSL. That red guy was a "pullet " in our purchase. Of RIR or the RSL. Maybe jumped in wrong bucket at the farm store :/

Back
Top Bottom