IMG_20200620_172607.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200620_172611.jpg
    IMG_20200620_172611.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 15
I just decided which cockerel I will we keep
Nbr.12
I want continue Nacked neck line.

At first I thought Naked Necks were the ugliest things but since my Granny had one when I was a kid I wanted some in my flock. They have been the nicest chickens I’ve had. They’re only 8ish weeks so still young but they let me pick them up when no one else will.

I should so not be using Backyard Chickens. Every time I see someone with more roosters than they can deal with, I want those roosters.
If I had my own way, my yard would be full of unwanted roosters. Which wouldn't work.
I feel like I should tell everyone their roosters are pullets. :lol:

I should so not be using Backyard Chickens. Every time I see someone with more roosters than they can deal with, I want those roosters.
If I had my own way, my yard would be full of unwanted roosters. Which wouldn't work.
Why wouldn’t it work? Just curious. I used to have a yard full of unwanted roos. That was before Marek’s and a huge predator attack. :(

I hatch chicks with the intent of eating the roosters. I sell the pullets to make up for feeding my roosters to eating age. I do feel bad that is their fate but I treat them nicely up until their end.

A LOT of reasons. For a start I only have 7 hens. I have two roosters. And I don't have enough sheds for any more. (Although I am thinking of building another one.)
And also my dad wouldn't let me have the amount I want.
I also have three chicks at the moment. Which I am suspicious of. They're only 2 and 1 week old, but the two older ones are acting manly.
Me and my mum would fill the place up. (We kind of already have) My dad is more practical.
Yeah, you would definitely need a bachelor pad if you wanted anymore roos. Next time I think I’ll get all of mine from the same place so I won’t have to worry about introducing any diseases to them.

Back
Top Bottom