BR’s Travels -🇩🇪-

Pics
Oh dear 😢
I like Whit cause he adds the peanut butter 🤩
Evil Whitty for you peanut. Night!
F7E05A4C-F22C-45F4-AA90-4E47DC66059F.jpeg

Our first snow here in Germany!! ❄️
View attachment 3328293
This was yesterday. Today it’s raining and snowing and raining and snowing and raining and snowing.. etc. Anyway- ENTIRELY unexpected, since I’m Kansas it’s usually WARM (outrageous) on Christmas. 😑
I'm so jealous 😭 this is so called winter in the UK 😭
IMG20221120132120.jpg

Our first snow here in Germany!! ❄️
View attachment 3328293
This was yesterday. Today it’s raining and snowing and raining and snowing and raining and snowing.. etc. Anyway- ENTIRELY unexpected, since I’m Kansas it’s usually WARM (outrageous) on Christmas. 😑
Speakin of chrismas, I'd love to see some of the Advent/Christmas/Winter traditions/celebrations that are happening there.

Speakin of chrismas, I'd love to see some of the Advent/Christmas/Winter traditions/celebrations that are happening there.
Well, they have TWO days of Christmas! The 25th and the 26th. Christmas Eve is the last-minute-get-everything-ready-day, Christmas morning is the day to celebrate with family, and the day after is the second Christmas with friends. Presents on both days. :D
Our tradition was to have a ‘Jesus Celebration’ on Christmas Eve night with our WHOLE family on our dad’s side. Our grandma always arranged the whole thing (oke of our aunts is now) and we used to have it at several houses before they all grew too small for our huge family. Now we always rent a large room at an apertment complex.
But we can’t be there!! 😭 😭
Christmas morning we have a big egg casserole and other breakfast stuff, our mom and dad eat a Swedish tea ring w/ coffee, and I’ve started making Gløgg each year starting last year. :D (SUPER good if you want recipe)
We always draw names to see who will get a present for who (I got Whit this year and he got me 😊). We do that exchange on Christmas Eve.
Then we watch Christmas Peanuts and It’s a Wonderful Life.
We watch The Sound of Music on Thanksgiving, and set up the tree after eating.

Well, they have TWO days of Christmas! The 25th and the 26th. Christmas Eve is the last-minute-get-everything-ready-day, Christmas morning is the day to celebrate with family, and the day after is the second Christmas with friends. Presents on both days. :D
Our tradition was to have a ‘Jesus Celebration’ on Christmas Eve night with our WHOLE family on our dad’s side. Our grandma always arranged the whole thing (oke of our aunts is now) and we used to have it at several houses before they all grew too small for our huge family. Now we always rent a large room at an apertment complex.
Christmas morning we have a big egg casserole and other breakfast stuff, our mom and dad eat a Swedish tea ring w/ coffee, and I’ve started making Gløgg each year starting last year. :D (SUPER good if you want recipe)
We always draw names to see who will get a present for who (I got Whit this year and he got me 😊). We do that exchange on Christmas Eve.
You make it just with wine or with whiskey and rum in it too?

Woah- Two chrismas days. that's epic
In our family we have a nativity reenactment on chrismas eve night, and so we go to bed with a good feeling :D (Not that I'll end up getting to sleep, but whatever)
Chrismas morning my parents had to put a limit on how early my siblings could come get them up 😂 We just try and choke something down before heading to grandma's for the rest of chrismas.
We just all get a present for each other, although it does end up being a lot with many siblings 😬
We watch some sort of movie on chrismas eve, we like to watch the thanksgiving parade and then set up the Christmas tree the day after. Although I prefer to decorate early I must honor my parents and their tradition

And secretly dress up trees on the fourth of july without them knowing.

Back
Top Bottom