Bra Incubation Sparrow Egg

Oh! And some blood appeared at the membrane over it's nose but that has clotted, so maybe it is actually just waiting and absorbing things still.

Never saw anyone who successfully hatched an egg in human bosom before, though one of my cousine tried it when he was 4...:D

How is it doing now? I only have one quail hatch experience so it might be an useless advice, but raising humidity would probably help. If it has been exposed to the air for a long time then the membrane would have stuck to its body, making it difficult to move at all. Maybe that's why it's not turning and 'zipping'? Put it in a warm, humid place(ex. closed bathroom right after someone took a shower) or if that doesn't work, you have to help it manually, slowly widening the hole and cleaning away dried membrane with wet cotton ball.

It's very humid in there now although may have got dry this morning, which could be why it hesitated . Now it seems to be trying to force it's way out of the pip hole which has got a bit bigger. Doesn't seem to want to go back inside and zip.. I may help make the hole a bit bigger? Or zip for it around the air cell. It's much more lively than it has been all day.

OHMYGODOHMYGOD IT HAS HATCHED! I couldn't leave it pushing like that anymore. It was really going for it as if it had zipped and was trying to push off the top, but was never going to get it off like that, so I gently scored around where he should have zipped and he did the rest himself! He's back in his little pot in my bra for now while I sort out (in a panic) his 'nest' and warm it up. Fingers crossed he rests enough and gets hungry. He's curled back up as if he's back in the egg which seems odd but.. well I've done my absolute best and never realistically expected a live chick at the end of this.

OHMYGODOHMYGOD IT HAS HATCHED! I couldn't leave it pushing like that anymore. It was really going for it as if it had zipped and was trying to push off the top, but was never going to get it off like that, so I gently scored around where he should have zipped and he did the rest himself! He's back in his little pot in my bra for now while I sort out (in a panic) his 'nest' and warm it up. Fingers crossed he rests enough and gets hungry. He's curled back up as if he's back in the egg which seems odd but.. well I've done my absolute best and never realistically expected a live chick at the end of this.
Wow, congratulations!! Good call there. :clap

:eek:Awesome.
We need a picture of him asap.:pop

When it’s ready to eat you will know because if you stroke the sides of its beak or wave your finger in front of it’s closed eyes it will open its mouth wide.
Canned dog food thinned with a tiny bit of water and fed from the tip of a quip stripped of its cotton works well or a wooden popsicle stick split in half. Try to get it far back in the mouth.
They need to eat from sun up to sundown every few minutes.
I agree with contacting a wildlife refuge for assistance or guidance.

Great job hatching your baby!

I can't believe I intervened in a hatch and it was the right thing to do. I've never even had an egg let alone hatched one lol!

Thanks Stacey, do you know when I should first feed it? Since I know it needs a few hours to feed on the yolk it's absorbed but it's 10pm here now so do I need to stay up half the night feeding it and then start the routine tomorrow.. or will it expect not to be fed untill tomorrow morning? I will definitely contact a rehab in the morning if he makes the night.

I know zero about this type of bird but I would think the sooner it eats the better.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom