Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

More ...

http://www.nantahala-farm.com/chickens-brabanter-cream-s.shtml

You might try this lady for hatching eggs. I incubated her Dominiques (8 of 8) and Cream Brabanters (8 (maybe only 6?, seems like a long time ago LOL) of 10) and had a good hatch. She packs them very well so it is up to the post office to not scramble them for you. LOL

There is also a FB group for Brabanters and I see lots of Creams and Golds hatching eggs and chicks.

I didn't have such good luck with her eggs. 4 dominique eggs and 4 brabanter eggs.. only 2 brabanters hatched out. They both have green (willow) legs. The pullet has a gorgeous crest and and muff and the second just crowed this morning at age 6 weeks. He has no beard or muff and only a hint of a crest.. more like a cowlick up there. Anyone in the NY/NJ area want a pair?

I didn't have such good luck with her eggs. 4 dominique eggs and 4 brabanter eggs.. only 2 brabanters hatched out. They both have green (willow) legs. The pullet has a gorgeous crest and and muff and the second just crowed this morning at age 6 weeks. He has no beard or muff and only a hint of a crest.. more like a cowlick up there. Anyone in the NY/NJ area want a pair?
That's a shame. This is a part of the reason they have yet to be accepted into the APA. Breeders have not yet perfected the consistency of the breed. I don't have any problems with leg color but I do not get consistent beards. In fact, my hatches so far have been about half and half bearded and beardless. It's a breed in progress!

My little one has a beard, makes me think of Abe Lincoln! How soon can we tell if roo or pullet? Such a sweetie!

That is a very nice beard! You can feather sex Brabanters in the first few days after hatching. Otherwise, I can tell at about 6 weeks. The saddle feathers and any green sheen in the tails give it away. Also the combs.

That is one of the cutest babys I have ever seen! I searched for a long time for Brabanters while also buying 3 sets of useless eggs from 2 breeders. I decided to put my search on hold for a while until I find a good breeder. Meanwhile, I hatched some beautiful Silkys and some Silver
laced bearded Polish chick's that

Back
Top Bottom