Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Thank you, I guess that I do feel lucky. My one female is nice also butI could not post her picture due to problems with my picture program. Mary

Quote:
Guess what, I want to give him to you. I have a friend who lives in Artesia, NM. She is planning on visiting me here in CA. She goes to ABQ on a monthly basis. If I can manage to keep the rooster until december I have her bring one to ABQ. What will your DH say ?

Cute!!!!!!!
love.gif

I have one of my Brabanters who had a brief illness where she didn't walk. She now has a slightly twisted foot. I think I read that Spitzhaubens can get some sort of neurologic virus. Can anyone tell me more? That would be my main concern in taking flower's boy. Would all of the babies be infected?

Quote:
Neurologic virus....not that I know of but they do carry the LLV virus. We think almost all of the Spitzhaubens in the USA have it. Some are carriers and some will die from it. We are hoping someone overseas can import new blood and be LLV negative. It is not all that BAD but knowing about it and dealing with it, and accepting that it is to be what we have right now with a very limited gene pool. As for Brabanters, I don't think they have this LLV that I know of nor any neurologic virus. From what I am seeing in your post, it is possible she could have Merck's and she survived it. Either she got her head bashed in accidently like running into a wall or there was a break in the bone somewhere that she healed up nicely. Or it could be genetics.

Quote:
Flighty ? Able to fly like the Spitz?

Mine were not. And what other Brabanter folks say, they are nice and not too bad but not overly flighty like Leghorns. With treats in your hands, how can they refuse it LOL!

Back
Top Bottom