Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
jenn-e , the are gorgeous. Tomorrow I will start to incubate of few of my little girls eggs. I know that they are fertile. I am looking forward to seeing your flock as they have grown. Looks as if you have a good variety of birds.

Last edited:
I feel a need to post more egg pictures !
ya.gif

on the right are mondays eggs. Tuesdays eggs are on the left side. The bigger white egg is from my Brabanter pullet and the tiny white egg from my Showgirl. i think the size of the Brabanter egg is very good compared to the size of the little pullet. So far she is laying every other day ??
caf.gif

31570_img_0089.jpg

I've gone 2 days without a white egg. I'm going to have to check the yard for hiding places.

Here are some pics. They don't really hold still for the camera.

The one with the most "character:
56689_img_0231.jpg

The 2 with crests that are more Polish than Brabanter:
56689_img_0229.jpg

The one that I think looks the best didn't want to cooperate with the photo-shoot

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Okay...these are next chickens I'm getting!
roll.png

Been wanting some Brabanters myself, is Ideal and Sand Hill the only place to get them from? I've heard Ideals are not very good, and Sand Hill has a limit of 5 on each variety of theirs. Any private breeders of the Brabanter?​

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. May try contacting her later, but we'll have top go some other way except paypal, I refuse to go payment on the internet, too much government nosiness, you know.

It's been around a week since I got a white egg. I'm worried they have a hidden nest somewhere. I looking around the yard this weekend & didn't find anything, but we have an acre with lots of hidey holes. Or maybe they just aren't consistently laying yet, since they just started (I hope)

We have unusually cold weather with snow right now. Only about 1/2 of my chickens came out of the coop today, but all of the Brabanters were among them. One of them flew a good distance across the yard to avoid walking in snow. They really are cute girls!

Back
Top Bottom