Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Those buzz on their heads reminds me of soldiers getting their clipper cuts!
lol.png

nice eggs flower! I am looking forward to a colorful egg basket like yours. What type of chicken laid the speckled egg? I'm hoping that at least one of my Welsummers will lay speckled eggs.

very cute chicks chris.

Speckled eggs are from my larger Welsummer. I have two and they have nice personalities, one is large and full with a small comb and the other is scrawny and lays solid eggs. The are not full grown yet. Do you have plan to purchase any chicks this spring.

I'm going to try to restrain myself & not get more chicks this year. Unless I end up with a broody
big_smile.png
My husband is not too happy that his workshop is still covered in chick-dust. Of course I continue to read this site & find new breeds that I would like to try. The Brabanters are my husband's favorites, so if they turn out to be good layers, we may get some more in the future. I would prefer to try some other breeds before focusing on one.

Yes there are so may nice breeds that it is very hard to refrain from acquiring more and more. I ordered chicks already and plan on hatching some. Both for the beginning of March. Since our altitude is only 2350 feet it should be warmer by then and I will only need to keep them in the brooder for a few weeks or maybe give them to the Orpington to raise. I am too far gone to break the habit. I thought that I had settled on just six breeds but......................

One of my Brabanters is finally laying! I had one white egg Wednesday & one today. Although the Brabanters are my smallest chickens, it's the largest egg I've gotten so far. I'll try to dig out the camera this weekend & get some photos of the eggs & maybe the chickens- it's hard to get good photos because they're so active.

Back
Top Bottom