Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Quote:
Wish you were closer. I have some gold Brabanter chicks and adults I need to sell. However, I will not ship. (

I wish you were closer, too. Texas is a bit too far to drive. lol! Do you ever ship hatching eggs? I've got a game mix hen that's been broody for over a week who would probably set them for me, though I've heard that brabanter eggs are harder to hatch than some other breeds.

Sorry about your chick.

Quote:
If you don't want many (like 25+), sign up for the "notify me". I had done that earlier and forgot about it and they recently let me know they could fill the order, but I couldn't take them by that time.

Blue,
I do ship eggs, but will not have time until next week. Remind me again next week via PM.

So far my Brabanter eggs have been easy to hatch. They are almost as good as my EE's.

Quote:
If you don't want many (like 25+), sign up for the "notify me". I had done that earlier and forgot about it and they recently let me know they could fill the order, but I couldn't take them by that time.

Done, so now I'll just wait to see if I hear anything from them.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll do that. How much do you charge for eggs and shipping? Hopefully, my hen will stay broody for a while. I keep taking eggs away from her, but she's a determined old hen and keeps sitting in the empty next box, so hopefully that's a good sign that she's in it for the long haul.

Quote:

They called me this morning, saying they will have the cream brabanters I wanted on the 25th. I no longer need them.

Quote:

They called me this morning, saying they will have the cream brabanters I wanted on the 25th. I no longer need them.

From these posts, it sounds like it could be quite a while hearing back from them.
hmm.png
It seems a bit odd to me that they are sold out of hens, but still have roos listed as available, which must mean they're still hatching them. Maybe it's just so people won't try to order large quantities of pullets?

Last edited:
Quote:
Surprisingly, after signing up for them to notify me, I got a call this morning telling me they should have some on May 25 as well. I wasn't expecting to hear back that fast; it was a pleasant surprise. I asked for 7 pullets and a roo (I probably should have asked for a couple roos in case the one doesn't look quite right, but I'll deal. I also ended up getting some OEGBs in colors that I'd been interested in so that they wouldn't have to pack extra roos in with my order. I could've gotten the insurance and just had the brabanters shipped, but I wasn't sure that shipping that small of an amount of birds from Texas to Virginia would end well. They said they should ship out on the 25th, so we'll see how it goes. This is my first time dealing with a hatchery. Anyone who's ordered from them before, what are my chances of getting a decent looking brabanter roo?

To the poster who said they could probably sell me some eggs next week, I guess I don't need them now, but thank you very much for the offer!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the help everyone!

Quote:
Surprisingly, after signing up for them to notify me, I got a call this morning telling me they should have some on May 25 as well. I wasn't expecting to hear back that fast; it was a pleasant surprise. I asked for 7 pullets and a roo (I probably should have asked for a couple roos in case the one doesn't look quite right, but I'll deal. I also ended up getting some OEGBs in colors that I'd been interested in so that they wouldn't have to pack extra roos in with my order. I could've gotten the insurance and just had the brabanters shipped, but I wasn't sure that shipping that small of an amount of birds from Texas to Virginia would end well. They said they should ship out on the 25th, so we'll see how it goes. This is my first time dealing with a hatchery. Anyone who's ordered from them before, what are my chances of getting a decent looking brabanter roo?

I got 4 hens from Ideal last year. 1 has a good crest & good spangling. 1 has a good crest & poor spangling. 2 have crests that look more Polish. With 7 hens, I'm sure you'll get some that look pretty good. With only 1 roo, you'll just have to see. Mine are just for laying, not breeding. My Brabanter with the most Polish looking crest went broody & is currently being a great mama, so I am very happy with her, even if she doesn't really look like a Brabanter.

Back
Top Bottom