Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
I am thrilled to say that 8 Cream Brabanter chicks arrived from H& H, TX on Thursday. Perfect way to celebrate my birthday , I am sure I heard a drawl in their peeeeep, peeeeep, peeeeep
wink.png
The post office called me at 5:30 in the morning to say my package had arrived. I rushed down there to get them and unpacked them from their traveling coach and into their temporary brooder. I was not sure if my cooler temps would be an issue but we have been enjoying nice 70's weather until today but they are inside for now. Shipped quickly, they have all been in very good shape and have been settling in. Eating lots and drinking well. I will try to get pics later today or tomorrow. A big thank you to April.

Take a look at both pictures. There are definitely some gold Brabanters in the 2nd picture. Spitzhaubens don't have beards. The first picture looks like a gold beard, but in the second picture there is a black bearded one.
????????

Quote:
Wondered if the seller knew........I did notice it at first but thought the pictures were put together as a mixed flock.

I sent him an email....letting him know it is not a Spitzhauben.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wondered if the seller knew........I did notice it at first but thought the pictures were put together as a mixed flock.

I sent him an email....letting him know it is not a Spitzhauben.

I asked him/her. S/he said the birds were sold to them as gold spitzhaubens. They'd never heard of Brabanters until I asked.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with selling project birds as project birds, but selling crosses as the real deal, whether by mistake or on purpose, is something else. If I were buying Gold Hamburgs and getting Brabanter/Spitz crosses, I would feel I was not getting what I'd paid for. I guess it's a matter of "let the buyer beware", and let the buyer look really closely at the sellers photos.

Quote:
Thank you for the information about the auction; I ended up wining the auction. Hopefully the seller will ship the eggs promptly so we can set them in the incubator this Friday or Saturday. Almost 24 hours I still have not received any response to the email I sent them. This will be our first group of GOLD-SPANGLED-APPENZELLER-SPITZHAUBEN chickens I have been looking for some time for this breed. Anyone know what is the optimal temperature & humidity I should setting incubator for these eggs? Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom