Brace yourselves. Tractor Supply's Chick Days start on the 27th.

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
That means two things.
1: There will be plenty of while buying dog food, I saw these cute things and....
2: There will be people like me who call them every day seeing what breeds they get in. And who start buying there food in small poundage so we can see/ but more chicks :D

Last edited:
I need to to the TSC this week and see what they have. I love that store!!!

ya.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
highfive.gif

Our tractor supply is getting them on Tuesday. I am going to look for a couple of chicks that our other farm store ran out of, in ONE day!! I was there yesterday, should have bought them then. I was bummed today, when two breeds were sold out, and they are not getting anymore of the one I wanted.

Bummer! That's why I ordered offline this year. I could get the breeds I wanted when I wanted. But I had to order in multiples of 5 so I didn't get all the breeds I wanted.

OMG YAY! I want Russian Orloffs, and it looks like they might carry them! And more Silkies... and two more Blue Andalusians! And...and..and... *Squee!!* Chickens are addictive. (Bantam assortment... :hmm must... resist...tiny...cutenes...)

Which varieties do they normally carry in the stores? If I am looking for some basic layers will they have a good stock?

Which varieties do they normally carry in the stores? If I am looking for some basic layers will they have a good stock?

This depends entirely upon location. Each "zone" manager likely has come input. Corporate probably contracts with the hatcheries and yes, TSC uses more than one. Your local store manager likely cannot say for sure. They might know, week to week. It is what it is.

For certain, a lot of the "standards". But as to specific breeds, it is crap shoot.

They will have what they call reds and whites at most times. Reds being a mixture of New Hampshire red, golden comets etc. whites will be Plymouth Rocks, And others I'm not sure of. Then they will have a special breed bin. Which will be the special different breeds. This bin will be straight run. Then there will be other bins with the standard breeds which will be changing. (EE, Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Marans ect)They should be pullets. This is just what I learned after being a TSC today and they have there bins ready. Could be different in different stores.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom