1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brace yourselves. Tractor Supply's Chick Days start on the 27th.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ragerkid2, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    That means two things.
    1: There will be plenty of while buying dog food, I saw these cute things and....
    2: There will be people like me who call them every day seeing what breeds they get in. And who start buying there food in small poundage so we can see/ but more chicks :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    I need to to the TSC this week and see what they have. I love that store!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ragerkid2

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Me too! I want some Cochins and Marian's and orpingtons. Oh dear. Chicken math here we come.

4. crchickens

crchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Blue Ridge, TX
    Our tractor supply is getting them on Tuesday. I am going to look for a couple of chicks that our other farm store ran out of, in ONE day!! I was there yesterday, should have bought them then. I was bummed today, when two breeds were sold out, and they are not getting anymore of the one I wanted.

5. ragerkid2

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Bummer! That's why I ordered offline this year. I could get the breeds I wanted when I wanted. But I had to order in multiples of 5 so I didn't get all the breeds I wanted.

6. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    OMG YAY! I want Russian Orloffs, and it looks like they might carry them! And more Silkies... and two more Blue Andalusians! And...and..and... *Squee!!* Chickens are addictive. (Bantam assortment... o_O must... resist...tiny...cutenes...)

7. wilbilt

wilbilt Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Which varieties do they normally carry in the stores? If I am looking for some basic layers will they have a good stock?

8. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

This depends entirely upon location. Each "zone" manager likely has come input. Corporate probably contracts with the hatcheries and yes, TSC uses more than one. Your local store manager likely cannot say for sure. They might know, week to week. It is what it is.

For certain, a lot of the "standards". But as to specific breeds, it is crap shoot.

9. ragerkid2

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    They will have what they call reds and whites at most times. Reds being a mixture of New Hampshire red, golden comets etc. whites will be Plymouth Rocks, And others I'm not sure of. Then they will have a special breed bin. Which will be the special different breeds. This bin will be straight run. Then there will be other bins with the standard breeds which will be changing. (EE, Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Marans ect)They should be pullets. This is just what I learned after being a TSC today and they have there bins ready. Could be different in different stores.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  10. chickenmanII

chickenmanII Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Florida
    Our TSC isn't open yet, they're building it now, I wish they would hurry. Not that we need anymore chick right now, but hey it;s all good; right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by