Brahma Breeders thread

Does anyone know how long it takes after separating breeders from the general flock how long it takes for the eggs to be fertile by only the breeder rooster?

I,know it took a month before mine made a flock after getting 9 more chickens. The 2 i had weren't happy with me. My smallest and shyest girl took 2 months before she decided to be near her flock mates. It all depends on the chickens themselves. Some take a couple weeks, and others a couple months. Usually from what I've seen so far 4 weeks, or a month as i call it. My hatchery girl took a couple weeks. My rooster took a month before he started "playing leapfrog " as my 4 yr old calls it.

Hey everyone ive been looking for White ( NOT LIGHT) brahma in the US but ive come to realize i might as well be look for a unicorn. Any advice on crossing in white cornish, white cochins, white rock or something else?

Last edited:
You got some good advice from the face book page. Good luck with your project
Hey everyone ive been looking for White ( NOT LIGHT) brahma in the US but ive come to realize i might as well be look for a unicorn. Any advice on crossing in white cornish, white cochins, white rock or something else?

Thanks im excited to get something underway. My bantams are my show birds and the large are mostly project types. Ive been wanting whites for forever

Back
Top Bottom