Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
The Ohio National is in Columbus in a few weeks and it is also the Brahma National Show. I've heard that there are a tremendous amount of Brahmas entered (hundreds), so I would go there since you aren't too far away and see if anyone has any birds that they are selling. I'm picking up a dark pair from Diana at that show. I know that the Aldridges are also bringing some birds for sale, but I don't know what they may have that are not already spoken for. The earlier that you get there, the more likelihood that there will be a good selection of birds to choose from.

The good birds go fast! Get there as early as possible.

That would be amazing if there were that many Brahmas!!! Sucks my hatching season got off to a late start since I would of really loved to show some pullets and possibly some cockerels at Nationals. I think I'll still bring a couple anyways just to have a few people look at and tell me what they think of them.

Question: we recently acquired a buff brahma. she was VERY sick when we got her she is full grown. i babied her back to health for over a month. she had a real bad respritory virus as well as lice and molting all at once. she finally last week was able to join our flock in perfect health. the DAY i added her to our coop she laid an egg (i saw her do it so i know it was her) this was last monday. Since then she has not laid an egg since! is this normal?

Question: we recently acquired a buff brahma. she was VERY sick when we got her she is full grown. i babied her back to health for over a month. she had a real bad respritory virus as well as lice and molting all at once. she finally last week was able to join our flock in perfect health. the DAY i added her to our coop she laid an egg (i saw her do it so i know it was her) this was last monday. Since then she has not laid an egg since! is this normal?
Probably normal, but I wouldn't say definitively. Depending on her age, she may be slowing down in the egg laying department. She is probably also stressed again because of the move to the coop, which can also slow down egg production. The last time I had one that had to be removed from the coop it took her about a month to get back to laying regularly after she was reintroduced. The medicines and whatnot that she was on might also be slowing her down. There are a million (well, maybe not that many) reasons that she isn't laying regularly, some of them are normal considering what she's been through and some of them are bad signs. You'll just have to watch her for a while.

yeah...i understood her not laying while being quarantined (although our other one laid the entire time and was way sicker) but she is doing great in the coop and its been two weeks and still nothing. she was last years chick so she is a year old. She may just need more time. i'm being impatient :)

Back
Top Bottom