Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
At what age have your Brahmas started laying? Fancy is 23 weeks and still doesn't look real red in the face. Do Brahmas get red faces before laying? I do expect her to lay last, being a slower to mature breed.

still no eggs!!! we have had her for 2 months now and she has laid ONE egg! i even have light in the coop for mornings....this girl is very odd!!

I'm still waiting for my pullet eggs
fl.gif
. I need at least the older ones to start soon. I want hatching to start in February and end in April. Than again I said the same thing last year and the birds wouldn't let me start until April
roll.png

I have been trying to get a bit of a handle on the genetics of color breeding. From what I gather self blue or lavender should not be breed with black because it is said to muddy the color? If anyone has any thoughts on this I would be very interested. This is why. I bought lavender brahma hatching eggs and hatched out a lavender Columbian. How do I replicate this color. all of the other chicks were lavender but this one was lavender Columbian not blue Columbian but definitely lavender. I have lights but I do not want to muddy the color.

Back
Top Bottom