Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
how do you find a moderator? I would LOVE to change my horrible name!
love.gif

My little Brahma girls love apples and oranges! I have been cutting apples and oranges in half every day and giving them to my girls, and boy! But my brahmas have weird scaly feet? I don't understand it. Mites maybe? Idon't know I have tried oil on thier feet and diatamacious earth? Any suggestions or ideas?

My little Brahma girls love apples and oranges! I have been cutting apples and oranges in half every day and giving them to my girls, and boy! But my brahmas have weird scaly feet? I don't understand it. Mites maybe? Idon't know I have tried oil on thier feet and diatamacious earth? Any suggestions or ideas?
Do you have any pictures?

It could be mites, but I have noticed that some of my feather legged breeds get more raised scales on their feet, of there feathers are causing skin irritation.

Ugh. I'm about to lose one of my light cocks! He got mites that I missed and since they've been sucking his blood his feet froze in this cold! Its frustrating having birds in Ohio's weather.

I think my prevention methods need to be changed. I dusted in November after the ohio national with sevin dust.

At least on the up side I do have some nice males that came from him last year.

Ugh. I'm about to lose one of my light cocks! He got mites that I missed and since they've been sucking his blood his feet froze in this cold! Its frustrating having birds in Ohio's weather.

I think my prevention methods need to be changed. I dusted in November after the ohio national with sevin dust.

I am so sorry to hear about this. It is never easy to lose an animal. Eventhough some of us raise them to die...it is not easy when you raise a life and take it. It is much harder when we lose a pet that we spend so much time with. I hope that the rest of your flock is fine and their good health comforts you.

Last edited:
Ugh. I'm about to lose one of my light cocks!

A question for anyone:

In view of brahmabreeder's loss, while I think that he is doing everything right........, how many males should I keep to prevent a total collapse of a program? I have two cocks and two cockerels.

I am sorry for your loss. I haven't noticed mites on my five hen flock. They seem very healthy, laying eggs through the winter. I spray the coop at clean out (about every six weeks) and they have ashes and sand to dust bathe in. I'm just concerned if an experienced person misses mites what about me; I've only been at this about a year. What signs should I be looking for? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom