Brahma Breeders thread

I'm making progress on getting chicks for this year! I have one buff chick out in the garage from last week and currently have some hatching in the hatcher. The incubator right now has eight eggs in it and I am adding at least 37 more buff and light eggs today. I shall see what I get from today to add to the batch. I'm trying to see if I can get a bunch of buffs this year to get a few little problems worked. I want them to get on par with the light stock that is out there.

Please excuse me, I am trying to find a better stock of Brahma than what I have. No luck yet in the Buy-Sell Egg threads.Can anyone please point me the correct way?

Please excuse me, I am trying to find a better stock of Brahma than what I have. No luck yet in the Buy-Sell Egg threads.Can anyone please point me the correct way?

http://www.americanbrahmaclub.org

Or American brahma club on Facebook

Keep in mind this is breeding season for most breeders and a lot of quality breeders do not sell eggs or chicks as they like to grow out their stock for future showing and breeding. The best way to get quality brahmas is to get a breeding trio in the fall.

I'm making progress on getting chicks for this year! I have one buff chick out in the garage from last week and currently have some hatching in the hatcher. The incubator right now has eight eggs in it and I am adding at least 37 more buff and light eggs today. I shall see what I get from today to add to the batch. I'm trying to see if I can get a bunch of buffs this year to get a few little problems worked. I want them to get on par with the light stock that is out there.
I have 33 Light LF Brahma chicks on the way! 30 hens and 3 roos! They'll be here in the next week or so!

Agree with the Brahma Club suggestion, make connections.

Mark your calendar for November 12-13, the Ohio National Show at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. Hopefully you have something pre-arranged with a club member for pick up. If not, come early, with cash in pocket.

My 3 very cute little Brahma pullets are doing great. They're about 3 months now, and starting to become part of the flock. They still go hide from the adults if they get in trouble with them but they're doing really well. The only problem I've been having is they keep getting out of the yard. I mean over a 6 foot fence out lol. They're a beautiful reddish color, and full of life. They're just getting bigger and bigger as the days go by. I can't wait to see them full grown. They're already almost as big as my smallest hen. My boys still love their chicks. I'm letting 2 of my hens sit a couple clutches of eggs so they can hatch them, and hopefully I'll get some cockerels this time. I'll try to get a pic of them soon. They're darker in the reddish gold than the hens. Foghorn did good on passing on his genes.

Seems like this year has shifted from looking like a light year to being a buff year. I have been having a hard time getting a lot of eggs from the lights and the ones I have been getting are hit and miss with fertility. They were laying quite a few at the beginning of the season but now they are egg eating and being a pain about stopping. On the upside of things, the few lights that I have been getting are looking really good. I'm hoping that I can get some good progress made this year on tails with the buffs. I really want them to be able to compete with the good lights out there. I'm almost there...just need to get those tails the right shape/size.

Hey guys, I just discovered this thread. I really want some buff laced, blue red laced or GL brahma.
Will anyone have hatching eggs of this breed in July?
If so what is the rate per dozen and where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom