Brahma Cockeral or Pullet?

MMMPeeps

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 27, 2012
NorCal Bay Area

Hi,
Love this site and have been getting most of my information to my questions from previous posts. I just want to confirm with the experienced what you think "Melia" may be....I really hope not a rooster cause it will break my heart. I didn't think to even think to check until recently when that tail kept on growing higher....

No roosters allowed here but s/he is so friendly and a great companion. Yes s/he is a little bossy to my other two girls especially when the others want to sit with me she can get a little bossy.....s/he will sit on my lap and even take a little snooze.

I think these are the irrediscent tail feathers but not sure what is meant by pointed hackles.
S/he is 15 weeks old.

If s/he is a cockeral is it better to rehome him/her sooner rather than later?

I have more pics but this one seemed capture what is being discussed to identify.
Much thanks to all who respond.

That's definitely a rooster, I see pointed saddle feathers (the ones that sit just above the tail feathers and that curve over the sides of the body). Hackles are the ones around the neck, he probably has pointed hackles as well. Rehome ASAP if you can't keep him! If he hasn't already started crowing, he could start any day. Sorry about that
hmm.png

Yeah, he's a roo. The good think is brahmas are typically slower to mature, so you've got time to look for a home. And they're nicer, more docile roos to keep, not many folks post about their brahma roo getting mean. So maybe a higher chance of someone wanting him.

Yeah, he's a roo. The good think is brahmas are typically slower to mature, so you've got time to look for a home. And they're nicer, more docile roos to keep, not many folks post about their brahma roo getting mean. So maybe a higher chance of someone wanting him.
X2

Back
Top Bottom