Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
very pretty!!
love.gif

Quote:
Describe the white. Is it solid white? are there any black markings? Are you familiar with the "columbian" pattern? Can you post a photo? Mike Gilbert told me he had a line of buffs years ago where a white would sometimes show up. Something about recessive white? Are your birds hatchery? Or do you know the line? Sorry for all the questions.

I’ve spent several days reading this great thread and I’m dazzled by all the Brahma knowledge you all have and your beautiful birds! Gritsar, I think I remember that 5 weeks was the magic number for your Buffs. Would you all mind weighing in what gender you think these three might be? They are simply hatchery stock, but much beloved. I’m still learning, so would you please also mention specific features that lead you to say cockerel or pullet? THANKS!!!!

PS: Tim63, your avatar is such a beautiful chicken!!!

Amelia:

13058_amelia1.jpg

13058_amelia2.jpg

Victoria:

13058_victoria1.jpg

13058_victoria2.jpg
13058_victoria3.jpg

Cleo:

13058_cleo1.jpg

13058_cleo2.jpg

Coloradowildflower - very hard to tell yet! Am going to run out and get pics of my broody wither her first five, and then the two in the brooder I am going to sneak under her tonight... mwah ha haaa!

I just tried to sneak some under one of my broodies last Friday - that's the last time I try - she killed one of them and the others all have wounds on their heads where she was trying to kill them when I grabbed them!

your right there, I have read about BYCers putting chicks under broodies and it working out, I've never tried it. But My light Brahma is first time mama today, so far 1 has hatched...
woot.gif

Quote:
I used a broody last year and she took all 17 chicks! She was an awesome mom-I havent encountered a bad mom yet but I only use my big fat cochins that go broody for times like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom