Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My chickens are free range, healthy, happy. But for some reason my old rooster loved to pick out his foot feathering. None of my others do it though.

One of my new pullets has like major foot feathering compared to her sisters! It's crazy. Her's are even more fluffier I believe then your pictures.

I'm hoping she is not a roo in hiding. lol

We allowed to think a little outside the box on this one ?
24364_chicken_pics-_craigslist_207.jpg

24364_chicken_pics-_craigslist_139.jpg

here are the 3 week old pics

anyone care to guess on genders yet???

the buff brahmas

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

I just love this sweet face!!

IMG_2631.jpg

here are the dark brahmas

IMG_2654.jpg

MNmommy, you probably already know that both of your dark brahmas are pullets - the males feather out differently. Still a little early to tell on your buffs. Another two weeks and I'll be able to give you an educated guess.
smile.png

Newbie question-how do Brahma males feather out differently from females? The sooner I can tell with mine, the better! Can't keep roo boys where I live
idunno.gif

It's only in the dark brahmas, (it may be the same in some of the colors of brahmas that they have in Europe too).
In the darks, the males feather in solid black on their bodies. They don't have the lacing that the pullets do.

Quote:
REALLY??? wow I would have never guessed by their attitude that they are pullets! I had already written them off as boys. I had no idea about the feathering. I guess I better handle them more often. They are so stand- off-ish compared to the buffs. I am still in shock that they are pullets

Today I was looking for cream based birds on a dutch site and I saw a picture of lavender pencilled brahmas. They were basically partridge with lavender so it was a nice pastel color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom