Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
REALLY??? wow I would have never guessed by their attitude that they are pullets! I had already written them off as boys. I had no idea about the feathering. I guess I better handle them more often. They are so stand- off-ish compared to the buffs. I am still in shock that they are pullets

See the penciling on their wings? The males don't have that. Still, they do seem to be feathering slowly don't they? Alot of times that can denote a cockerel. Anyhow, I'll be very surprised if they aren't pullets.
ETA: How 'bout you wait about another week and post pics of those two again? If you look on page 2 of this thread, you can see my roo Thor @ 5 weeks (he's the one on the left) and see how much darker he is.

Last edited:
Quote:
REALLY??? wow I would have never guessed by their attitude that they are pullets! I had already written them off as boys. I had no idea about the feathering. I guess I better handle them more often. They are so stand- off-ish compared to the buffs. I am still in shock that they are pullets

See the penciling on their wings? The males don't have that. Still, they do seem to be feathering slowly don't they? Alot of times that can denote a cockerel. Anyhow, I'll be very surprised if they aren't pullets.
ETA: How 'bout you wait about another week and post pics of those two again? If you look on page 2 of this thread, you can see my roo Thor @ 5 weeks (he's the one on the left) and see how much darker he is.

thanks for the info

They are bantams so not sure if that matters but all my bantams are big babies about the brooder being cold so the temp should be at 80 but they all lay on top of each other right under the light so I have been keeping it 5 degrees warmer than it should so not sure it the warmer heat slows down feathering?? The buffs have feathered out more quickly though. All the feathers coming in on both the dark are all penciled on their back and around the neck and down the chest and tailfeathers, everything looks penciled. They like to roost up higher and I have seem them pumping chest with others. They are either aggressive pullets or cockerels. The darks are fairly bigger than the buffs and much heavier........I guess we will see in a couple weeks

That thread is very intersting read so far, Thanks for posting it! I'm amazed by not only the silver lace but the buff lace the other guy has as well. I'm very impressed by the dedication you've shown in your breeding to produce such a bird. I'm a big fan of anything laced. Great job & Keep it up!
big_smile.png

Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom