Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i couldnt post for some reason in the give aways (free) so hoped it would be ok to post here. i have 4, 5 month old Columbian Lavender Brahma cockerels. Awesome color, very rare. Friendly curious birds. From NPIP and tested stock. These birds are from a well known breeder. I have 4 of these fabulous boys looking for homes. This breed produces a large light brown egg. These boys are very tame and come right to you. FREE TO GOOD HOME. Message me for pictures of breeders and actual birds.

I live in Sharpsburg Md. These are for pick up only.
Do you have any pictures?

http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

Try this and see...I always use the "show examples" and then click on the pics. You can modify the basics - like partridge by changing the drop downs to make silver penciled, or blue or whatever. Takes a little playing with to get it but can be fun.
as soon as i seperated the brahmas they stopped laying so i only have 4 eggs (1 days laying) that are definitely brahma but i have 3 hens sitting now, a maran a pekin and a La Bresse cross that the maran raised last year. Who knows what ill get when all 3 nests have chicks, ill just have to wait and see what comes from my dozen or so different hens running with about half a dozen cocks
pop.gif
hu.gif
pop.gif

Pull their heads off. For those that don't know me....I was gently poking fun at the whole "house chicken" concept. My wife would pull my head off if I had a "house chicken". LOL

Tim
OH, ok
hide.gif
I kept seeing photos of chickens on beds and in livingrooms?

And then there are those of us who deserve to be made fun of. Frack is a house chicken. She comes and goes as she wishes. She has been coming inside whenever she wants for the last 6+ years now, and is housebroken, only leaving a present a couple of times. She is no longer allowed to lay her eggs in our bed, though - she fell down the stairs once (like a bowling ball) and so we have had to stop her from going up.

Very pretty! So I will as you, since you are a house chicken person....how did you potty train a chicken? Mine try to sneak in when I go to the sliding glass door, they rush me. We don't let them in but a 2' mark once or twice. I wouldn't trust them to not be pooping everywhere.LOL I have 7 Hens and they make a pretty big mess when they are out on the patio and that's enough for me! Thanks for the post! I knew I'd seen some house pets.

I don't have a clue how to house train a chicken. Frack pretty much house trained herself. She goes to the front door and bawk-bawk-bawks until someone lets her out. I have tried with other hens, but have not had any success. She's one of a kind. She even went broody and hatched chicks in the kitchen. Every morning she would lead them to the front door to go outside. Of course, when we go into town, she stays outside.

I don't have a clue how to house train a chicken. Frack pretty much house trained herself. She goes to the front door and bawk-bawk-bawks until someone lets her out. I have tried with other hens, but have not had any success. She's one of a kind. She even went broody and hatched chicks in the kitchen. Every morning she would lead them to the front door to go outside. Of course, when we go into town, she stays outside.
To bad she didn't train her chicks Sjisty! you could be selling trained chicks, a whole new market!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom