Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With them tree trunk legs, I'd bet on a cockeral
Darn. Supposed to be a hen.The kids are attached to it now.Roos are not allowed in our area but nobody says why.Im guessing for noise.Its not that loud and nobody has complained as of yet though. Perhaps we will keep it for as long as we can get away with it. My daughter is already sad just thinking of the possibility we may have to re-home it. Shes spoiled this bird and will miss her lap chicken. grrrrr

by the way... when should we expect spurs?... eek

Last edited:
Darn. Supposed to be a hen.The kids are attached to it now.Roos are not allowed in our area but nobody says why.Im guessing for noise.Its not that loud and nobody has complained as of yet though. Perhaps we will keep it for as long as we can get away with it. My daughter is already sad just thinking of the possibility we may have to re-home it. Shes spoiled this bird and will miss her lap chicken. grrrrr

Wouldn't worry too much. At that age if it was a cockerel it would already have its pointed hackle and saddle feathers. Assuming hatchery stock it's probably just reddening up and getting close to point of lay.

Tim,

I tried to pm you but it did not work. I can't get the Brahma Club Membership Form to print. I had to copy and paste to word in order to print - don't know if you have anything to do with that but you might let whoever is in charge of the website know.

Helen

Tim,

I tried to pm you but it did not work. I can't get the Brahma Club Membership Form to print. I had to copy and paste to word in order to print - don't know if you have anything to do with that but you might let whoever is in charge of the website know.

Helen
Helen i have had that problem for months lol If you write down the info they take that too

Tim,

Helen
I'll let the Lady who does the website know people are having trouble with the membership form. Thank you.

Tim

It might not be a cockeral, my roo didn't get spurs till he was about a year, but even then I wouldn't really call them spurs, just little nubs LOL

Hi all! I ordered Lt Brahmas this summer and was supposed to get 12 males and 3 females... well, after a shipping delay and a particularly bad last day of transit, only 3 remained. They are now 10-11 weeks old, and 2 are definitely looking like boys. This one, however, still eludes me... the comb is a bit redder than I'd expect for a pullet, but it's remarkably smaller than the 2 obvious boys. Hackle feathers are currently looking fairly rounded, can't really see any saddle feathers yet. Not much in the way of real tail feathers yet. Can any of you experienced brahma folks give me a little more confidence in saying it's a girl or a boy? A friend of ours wants to buy it from us if its a girl, they don't want a boy... sounds like I have a little over a week before they'll be coming to get their birds... hoping it will become a bit more obvious by then! lol

We have what we think is a brahma, but its feathers have developed v e r y slowly. It is now about 4 months old and still does not have real tail feathers. She's HUGE (compared to our buff orps.) but her tail is about one inch long (if that!) and doesn't stick out like other tails. Is there something wrong, or do brahmas tend to develop slowly? (We thought she'd never get feathers at all. She kept her down for a long time.)

Here is my Buff Brahmas. I have 3 Roos (the one giving me a standing ovation is my oldest butterball) and 2 hens. The hens and the other 2 roos were hatched from Dick Horstman eggs. Need some critique and advice on how good or bad. Tim.... have you had your snickers for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom