Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i need to get some im gonna buy eggs to try again so i wanna be very careful a this will be the last time anything comes here New .
Goal is to get Dark Brahma eggs , German Hampshire eggs, and BC Maran Eggs as well as Turkey and wash and hatch at the same time ,
Im hoping for a better out come i am looking for 24-36 on the Dark Brahmas Show stock NOT hatchery as that is my main love . i think this will be way better for me as all eggs will have been cleaned or ? Then i can get my NPIP back .

has anyone Used this for their eggs ?

OK i need to get some im gonna buy eggs to try again so i wanna be very careful a this will be the last time anything comes here New .
Goal is to get Dark Brahma eggs , German Hampshire eggs, and BC Maran Eggs as well as Turkey and wash and hatch at the same time ,
Im hoping for a better out come i am looking for 24-36 on the Dark Brahmas Show stock NOT hatchery as that is my main love . i think this will be way better for me as all eggs will have been cleaned or ? Then i can get my NPIP back .

has anyone Used this for their eggs ?
I havent personally but know a bunch of people that have. They highley recommended it to me

Ok split gold silver May i ask what shows them to be split gold silver?
as that is probably what they should be if the hen is gold laced and roo silver.Shouldnt they?Which leads to another question I only hatched out all spring summer 2 silver laced pullets.Both were undersized and died in 5 m onths i asume from some inner problem.
The gold laced pullets seem to be normal.Can some defects be color / sex gene related or just a fluke both silver were puny and died.?
Really can't tell enough from the angle of the photos to see what you have there, other than the two in the last shot are split gold/silver.

Last edited:
Ok split gold silver May i ask what shows them to be split gold silver?
as that is probably what they should be if the hen is gold laced and roo silver.Shouldnt they?Which leads to another question I only hatched out all spring summer 2 silver laced pullets.Both were undersized and died in 5 m onths i asume from some inner problem.
The gold laced pullets seem to be normal.Can some defects be color / sex gene related or just a fluke both silver were puny and died.?

A couple things here.

I was going by the brassy tint to the hackle and saddle feathers. But yes, that is what you should expect from a gold over silver breeding, well actually male chicks would look the same from a silver over gold mating as well. However the female chicks would look totally different. In your case, you should have gold laced pullets. A silver over gold mating would produce silver females. Now these guys, being split gold/silver could produce female chicks of either color.

So if you produced silver pullets, this tells us either, your male is split(in which case he would look like these guys and more strongly resemble silver), they where actually cockerels, or it's time to call in Maury Povich, cause he is not the father. You have any other silver based males around ? Which might also explain their smaller size.

Last edited:

My 8 baby buff brahmas :) we had 8 hatch out of 14 shipped eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom