Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my 5 buff chicks
one of the 3 "pretties" that are supposed to be buff

Hey Nikki,

the little cockerel in the top photo looks like he should develop into a buff (columbian), the pullet in the lower shot not so much. Might be a buff / dark cross. But I know you kinda like stuff a little different.

You going to Columbus tomorrow ? Just got in from loading a few birds, heading that way in the morning.

Last edited:
No just going up to study some good birds, socialize some, usually pay my Brahma Club dues, and deliver some birds.

Hey Nikki,

the little cockerel in the top photo looks like he should develop into a buff (columbian), the pullet in the lower shot not so much. Might be a buff / dark cross.  But I know you kinda like stuff a little different.

You going to Columbus tomorrow ? Just got in from loading a few birds, heading that way in the morning.

I wish I could, but Hubby is off tomorrow and he has plans for us. Have fun :) the girls from you are doing great. They run up to the fence when they see me to see if I have table scraps. Can't wait for spring to get some babies out of them :)

Well, just got back from Guatemala. I've been gone for a month. I can't believe how big my Brahmas are! They are almost the same size as my black sex link Roo that is two years old and they are only 14 weeks. The cockerel is bigger than the hen, but they are both huge. I love it!

I do have a small concern. The cockerel seems to have much longer feathers on his feet. Is this normal? I've looked at a million pictures and I can't see that long feathers on the feet are normal in any of the pictures I've looked at, but I can't really tell for sure.

D.gif
I managed to get two Light Brahma roosters from the Aldrich's this weekend. Both are SQ and HUGE even at nine months old. I will try to get pictures on here later. I got them both in the coop with my lights and trimmed butt feathers to get chicks rolling out soon. My light hens I showed didn't place. They just got first, second, and third because they were the only three light hens there
hmm.png

Well, just got back from Guatemala. I've been gone for a month. I can't believe how big my Brahmas are! They are almost the same size as my black sex link Roo that is two years old and they are only 14 weeks. The cockerel is bigger than the hen, but they are both huge. I love it!

I do have a small concern. The cockerel seems to have much longer feathers on his feet. Is this normal? I've looked at a million pictures and I can't see that long feathers on the feet are normal in any of the pictures I've looked at, but I can't really tell for sure.
Oh yes , this Long feathers on the feet are normal , I have an 1,5 year old cockerel and if he walks it look like to walk on to large boots
lau.gif

But not all bloodlines of Brahma have it like this (okay I only can tell this about our Brahma here in Germany).

So we call him " Goofy" like the dog in the Comic - you know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom