Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing about 99% of the fun of having birds....in my opinion. As with most things in life, you get more out of something the more you put into it. I'm not talking about money either. It is VERY rewarding to choose your matings, hatch and brood your own chicks, and raise them to maturity. EVERY year your "line" should improve. You are in essence a "steward" of the breed. If you choose to have them, I believe it is your responsibility to improve them.

Tim

If you don't feel as Tim describes, that is fine too. There are several hatcheries that sell healthy chicks that have provided backyard flocks for a long time..

I have thought that a reality TV show I would watch, would be to give several different people similar young stock of the same blood, a Standard Of Perfection, access to shows and the net. Without bringing in any new stock, check in on them every year, have them explain their rational for selecting the breeders that they did, and then at say five year in, have their birds compete against each other in a judged show. Getting critiques from top judges in that particular breed, make adjustments, and then do it again.

It would be interesting to do this with start up stock of so so quality, and see if people can breed them up. And a second group of top notch quality stock of say a different variety or breed, and see if they can maintain the quality, again with out bringing in any outside blood..

Would be very interesting, I would think .

If you don't feel as Tim describes, that is fine too. There are several hatcheries that sell healthy chicks that have provided backyard flocks for a long time..

I have thought that a reality TV show I would watch, would be to give several different people similar young stock of the same blood, a Standard Of Perfection, access to shows and the net.  Without bringing in any new stock, check in on them every year, have them explain their rational for selecting the breeders that they did, and then at say five year in, have their birds compete against each other in a judged show. Getting critiques from top judges in that particular breed, make adjustments, and then do it again.

It would be interesting to do this with start up stock of  so so  quality, and see if people can breed them up.  And a second group of top notch quality stock of say a different variety or breed, and see if they can maintain the quality, again with out bringing in any outside blood..

Would be very interesting, I would think .

That is an awesome idea, I want to do that with some friends now.

I have thought that a reality TV show I would watch, would be to give several different people similar young stock of the same blood, a Standard Of Perfection, access to shows and the net. Without bringing in any new stock, check in on them every year, have them explain their rational for selecting the breeders that they did, and then at say five year in, have their birds compete against each other in a judged show. Getting critiques from top judges in that particular breed, make adjustments, and then do it again.

It would be interesting to do this with start up stock of so so quality, and see if people can breed them up. And a second group of top notch quality stock of say a different variety or breed, and see if they can maintain the quality, again with out bringing in any outside blood..

Would be very interesting, I would think .

I think it would be interesting as well. I don't think any of the networks would produce a show that would only appeal to a few thousand chicken-nerds like us though.

Yeah, you are always able to put it in a nutshell better than I. Hatchery birds might be a better fit for the "Trooper".

Tim

I think it would be interesting as well. I don't think any of the networks would produce a show that would only appeal to a few thousand chicken-nerds like us though.

Yeah, you are always able to put it in a nutshell better than I. Hatchery birds might be a better fit for the "Trooper".

Tim

But just think of all the other drivel on TV. Who would think there would be an audience for a show based on storage unit auctions?

Tim
No way on the hatchery birds. I would rather just keep the Darks and have nothing else than do that. I just thought surely there were some breeders on here of decent quality birds. Everyone I talked to on here earlier in the year said get back in touch with them in March so I figured I would post on here since it is March to see who has what.

But just think of all the other drivel on TV. Who would think there would be an audience for a show based on storage unit auctions?
I do like that show, But I only started watching it because I saw it underneath the history channel lol. I think people watch it more for the "comedy" aspect of it. I personally think it is much better shipping wars, I don't get the real point of storage wars and most definatley not shipping wars.There are a lot of shows where I wonder what in the world made them think people would watch that. I think Big Medicine's idea for a TV show/series is a great idea. I would watch it

What's scares me is the fact that shows like the Kardashians are hits. My college age daughter has expanded my awareness of these things, and shows about wedding dresses, and cupcakes.

What's scares me is the fact that shows like the Kardashians are hits. My college age daughter has expanded my awareness of these things, and shows about wedding dresses, and cupcakes.
My sister used to watch those project runway shows and America's next top model. I never did like them, not my thing.

I tired to get a picture of my Buff Brahma Rooster the other day, he was not very willing. Maybe one day, I only have one picture of him and it is old

Hey I'm 18 and live back in the mountains of WV. Those shows are just plan crazy in my opinion all I watch is RFD, History channel, CMT, GAC, FFA Today, and NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom