Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally, there is a woman here who raises beautiful dark Brahmas, but I don't know if she ships eggs. I will e-mail her and find out.

brahmachickenlady did have dark Brahmas. She hasn't posted in a long time but you could try to PM her.

vikis girls -

Depending on how much space you have you have a few options... I did mine ladder style; with the first being about 1.5 feet from the ground and then up until the top rung...some hop up but flydown, others fly about half way then hop, and some hop up and down (my rooster mostly). However, if you have a lot of birds they always fight for the top space so you may have more fuss when they settle in for the night. but if doing a single level i would suggest 24 inch maximum. I am pretty new as well so take this for what its worth.

I am planning to order standard Brahma chicks soon, and am so excited! Can someone please tell me if they can fly up to a 30 inch high roost, or will they need a ramp. I'm finishing up the coop now. Thanks!

Hi there! Congrats on your Brahmas! You are going to love them!

My Brahmas have an eight-inch roost, and they just step up onto it. I was afraid of Bumblefoot, so I wanted the roost really low. I would think a 30-in. would be too high for them. They are heavy birds, and come down with a lot of force.

BTW...

Last edited:
sally: I should be able to start selling hatching eggs in feb/march. and would be willing to ship to PA.

Does anybody know how to make new colors? I have 4 different kinds of brahma and would love more colors, but I'm not willing to fork out hundreds for the ones I've been seeing at auction. If not I'm gonna let the dark roo take on all the colors and just have some random colored brahmas.

sally: I should be able to start selling hatching eggs in feb/march. and would be willing to ship to PA.

Does anybody know how to make new colors? I have 4 different kinds of brahma and would love more colors, but I'm not willing to fork out hundreds for the ones I've been seeing at auction. If not I'm gonna let the dark roo take on all the colors and just have some random colored brahmas.

On rare breed auctions there was someone selling a pretty good download with instructions. There are also some of my auctions for the blue partridge and gold partridge

Quote:
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom