Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To touch on a couple questions recently posted here.

When you go crossing patterns, columbian (lights, and buffs), penciled (darks, and partridge), and single laced, you get mostly tweener looking patterns, on top of the whole gold/silver based thing. Tim's link shows a good example(on first page) of what a pullet resulting from a dark male over a light, or buff hen should look like, both colored hens will produce a silver based pullet. The buff hens male chicks will show some gold influence.

As stated, depending on what your goal for your flock is, segregation for a month or so prior to, and while collecting eggs for incubation, may be advisable.

I just set about 17 eggs, I have 4 Roos a Buff Laced, Gold Laced, Silver Laced and a Dark. The Dark is not breeding yet but all the other boys are. ILuckily my girls all lay in different spots so I know who is who
smile.png
My Lite girls I haven't collected any of their eggs for the bater. But my 17 eggs are from the hens that are 2 Gold Laced, 1 Silver Laced, 1 Buff, 1 Buff Lacerk. I was able to actually get some of the eggs right after they were laid so I know which color they were from. The Gold Laced Roo was the busiest fellow then the buff laced and the silver. So not sure what I'll get. Hope I at least have some fertile ones in the batch. Would love to get a few partridge variety. Been shopping around trying to find some.
if your interested in partridge look back in egg auction here on byc, janice in florida has a listing, taking orders for partridge brahmas, best of luck

Now I have this mental picture of all my chickens walking around the yard with coins on their heads - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom