Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an off shoot that popped up in my blue laced red project. Maybe we should rebrand that project as well, as it currently has a too long name, and I loath when people use abbreviations in posts and assume every body is familiar with it. That and not listing their location, and then asking if any body near them has birds/eggs/shows, etcetera. See dak, still a charter member of the Grumpy Old Brahma Breeders, the attempt at humor must have threw you.

Couple of the youngsters showing some promise. Although I'm thinking maybe I should split this, and breed toward individual single, and double laced projects.

I never truly doubted it. Perhaps my attempt at humor was poor.
big_smile.png

Awesome. Small world. He had buff bantams a few years back, thats how we met. Funny how A Canadian and someone from Texas can have SO much in common. We both love to hunt, we both love baseball...him the BlueJays and me of course the Rangers, and of course exhibition poultry.

Tim
Hahaha ya it's pretty funny how that can happen. Ya i remember when he had the last few buff bantam hens to sell nice birds but by the time i found out he already sold them, dang! He might have one up on ya with the jays beating the rangers this year...well if the jays play as good as everyone thinks they will and not how they have been so far in spring training.
Don

google images of dark brahmas, there are many, i don't have any to share.btw YOU JUST LUCKED INTO OWNING THE BEST BREED OF CHICKEN ALIVE.
Thanks for telling me! I will check out those on google. Everything I'm reading about this breed sounds great! I went into the hardware store, today, where I purchased them and joked with them about selling me the wrong bird (actually I'm the one who chose this one because of her colors). Then, they commented that they needed to charge me more for the Dark Brahma. This chick's wing feathers are beginning to peek out from under her fluff and the pattern looks quite different than on the Araucana chick. Exciting!
big_smile.png

Remind me again why I do this.

Cleaned out both coops yesterday, hauled I don't know how many hand cart loads of manure back to the compost pile. The large Garden Way two wheel cart is probably one of the handiest pieces of equipment I own, but when loaded to the gills, and pulling over frozen ground with the top inch or two thawed into a nice greasy, clingy, quagmire, it incorperates elements of ice skating, skying, balance beam, power lifting, horse pulling(minus the horse), and probably a few more that slip my mind. At least that's what my muscles are telling me today.

I have 900 pounds of feed I just got to unload. And the NPIP lady will be here later this afternoon. Meaning we will be catching and testing most of the birds on the place.

Well I am done eating a late lunch, time to hit it, but remind me again why we do this.

Remind me again why I do this.

Cleaned out both coops yesterday, hauled I don't know how many hand cart loads of manure back to the compost pile. The large Garden Way two wheel cart is probably one of the handiest pieces of equipment I own, but when loaded to the gills, and pulling over frozen ground with the top inch or two thawed into a nice greasy, clingy, quagmire, it incorperates elements of ice skating, skying, balance beam, power lifting, horse pulling(minus the horse), and probably a few more that slip my mind. At least that's what my muscles are telling me today.

I have 900 pounds of feed I just got to unload. And the NPIP lady will be here later this afternoon. Meaning we will be catching and testing most of the birds on the place.

Well I am done eating a late lunch, time to hit it, but remind me again why we do this.
Because you lub them
love.gif

And you breed awesome birds!!!
wink.png

thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom