Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to get this color by crossing?
Is it by Crossing a LB male with A Dark hen?

Last edited:
When a brahma is crossed to a cochin I realize is will present a couple problems. In the F2's( after the P generation and F1 of course ) single combs and vulture hocks will be at their high and glory. When I'm breeding my birds I will cull every single combed and vulture hocked bird. My question is should I cull the known carriers too?

When a brahma is crossed to a cochin I realize is will present a couple problems. In the F2's( after the P generation and F1 of course ) single combs and vulture hocks will be at their high and glory. When I'm breeding my birds I will cull every single combed and vulture hocked bird. My question is should I cull the known carriers too?

vulture hocked bird???

in my novice opinion I would not cull the suspected carriers yet as you may end up with no birds, especially if you are introducing a new color - what is your project?

I'm not going to be doing this soon but it should be started within the next year or two. I wanted to take a barred cochin and cross it to my light brahmas. Once I get the color perfected on them I will cross them with my buffs. In the end I will have two color varieties of the barred color pattern on my brahmas. If any one sees a reason why this wouldn't work please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom