Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahmas. The breed I love to death that no one else seems to like! <3 Someday I want to breed large ones for show. I adore their big bodies, fluffy feathering, and temperament! For now, all I have are hatchery Buff Brahmas. I really like Blue Buff Brahmas, though they aren't recognized they are sooo pretty and I would love to get some eggs. <3

I have a few pictures and videos I've taken but they aren't the best. Might try some better ones tomorrow.

I'm also breeding my Brahmas for Brahma crosses even though no one will buy them lD

HELP Please I Just sol 6 of my RIR the guy that bought them said his hen are old and have been sent to freezer heaven

well that was 6 days ago to Day i find one of the Austrolorops have a cough and a sneeze OK this is not funny to me as they have all been fine and i have new show stock chicks i wanted to put in the green house brooder but now im changing clothes in my Garage showering in the Garage after my clothes go into the washer my shoes are now ruins from so much washing ..........

Im doing this because i really believe that when that guy shows up he might of brought something here any ideas ?

I am thinking Upper res but if there is anything else Let me know an also what can i treat them with

Not with gold... The gold is to keep the buff laced going..

I got yea. I was wondering. I have 12 hatching eggs in the bator of Golden Laced Brahma's. Never hatched shipped eggs so we'll see.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have been using a product called "OXY-TET". It is a water-soluble, powder form anti-biotic. I use a heaping tea spoon per gallon of water. I give fresh every day for five to seven days. You can get it at most feed stores. It works for me.

Don't panic. Chickens get sick sometimes. It happens. Sometimes they die too. Its just part of it. You may be going a little over-board on the frequent showering and clothes washing?

Tim

HELP Please I Just sol 6 of my RIR the guy that bought them said his hen are old and have been sent to freezer heaven

well that was 6 days ago to Day i find one of the Austrolorops have a cough and a sneeze OK this is not funny to me as they have all been fine and i have new show stock chicks i wanted to put in the green house brooder but now im changing clothes in my Garage showering in the Garage after my clothes go into the washer my shoes are now ruins from so much washing ..........

Im doing this because i really believe that when that guy shows up he might of brought something here any ideas ?

I am thinking Upper res but if there is anything else Let me know an also what can i treat them with

If it's just a cough and sneeze watch them very closely. For now I would get some VetRx!!!! Put a drop on each nostril and rub it in. Then put 2-3 drops in there mouth so they drink it. Then about 5-6 drops in there water!! Do this for a few days and see where they are.

you sure this leaflet is not just a selling point

as it seems very much sales pitchy to me

although I do agree mixing is OK

It's possible I suppose. But I've known Victor for probably 30 years now, and I would think mareks vaccine sales are such a miniscule % of his overall sales I doubt it. I imagine this was more likely a responce to a boatload of repeated phone calls on the subject. The man is a wealth of information( and supplies) on poultry health, and poultry in general. If it sounds like I'm pimping Victor here, I just appreciate a guy that sets up at the shows, hobbling around on cement floors on a beyond trashed knee, catering to show people (and gaulkers like me), when I suspect his mail order bussiness is the bulk of his income.

It's possible I suppose. But I've known Victor for probably 30 years now, and I would think mareks vaccine sales are such a miniscule % of his overall sales I doubt it. I imagine this was more likely a responce to a boatload of repeated phone calls on the subject. The man is a wealth of information( and supplies) on poultry health, and poultry in general. If it sounds like I'm pimping Victor here, I just appreciate a guy that sets up at the shows, hobbling around on cement floors on a beyond trashed knee, catering to show people (and gaulkers like me), when I suspect his mail order bussiness is the bulk of his income.
there are some valid points there

mareks is one of those things that if not done in a hatchery then backyard breeders don't as the cost is not worth the effort

Sickness is always distressing and seemingly unavoidable if you keep chickens long enough. I would isolate that symptomatic bird. Your state agriculture department [(503)986-4680] and lab [(503)986-4686] may be a resource for you as well. In California they are free to backyard flock owners, not sure about Oregon. I was able to get a consult with a poultry vet who ordered and interpreted the lab tests. It was very helpful in decision-making to know the specific illness and have professional input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom