Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammy N

Songster
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Florence Oregon
I was just given a small Boy/girl Brahma the Breeder id not want this one shown on His Property i will get some photos tomarrow an talk about HUGE Vulture hocks LMAO hes cute will taste good Later

swirler

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
I have a seven month old golden partridge girl (pet/layer) with impressive "Cadillac Heels", as I call them. If anyone wants a picture I can grab one when it stops raining.

CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Crowing
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Indiana
I have one buff brahma rooster in with all my hens and i have been hatching eggs because I thought the chicks would look cute. All of my hens are clean legged except for one. My question is, Are all my chicks going to have fuzzzy legs or will I get a clean legged one evry once in a while? I just had 15 chicks hatch and they all had fuzzy feet. (some more then others).

Thanks
I posted this a while back and I was told that I would always get chicks with fuzzy feet/legs. So Does that mean If I were to have a clean legged rooster that all of the chicks would be clean legged? I am not getting a clean legged roo, think I will just stick with one roo for now, just curious.

Thanks

NestingHillsSC

Songster
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
Tennessee
First time with brahmas. There around 3 months or so. They don't drink a lot of water do they?? I hardly ever have to fill there bowl. Well I do for freshness stake. Even though it has been a bit on the cool side for down here in the high 60's.

Helen in the Desert

Songster
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Springs
I posted this a while back and I was told that I would always get chicks with fuzzy feet/legs. So Does that mean If I were to have a clean legged rooster that all of the chicks would be clean legged? I am not getting a clean legged roo, think I will just stick with one roo for now, just curious.

Thanks
It is my experience that feather leg is dominant. I am crossing a dark brahma roo with barnvelder hens (clean legged) as well as D'Uccle (feather footed) with Sebrite (clean legged) and all 50ish chicks that I have hatched so far have feather legs.

ThePendragon

Songster
7 Years
It is my experience that feather leg is dominant. I am crossing a dark brahma roo with barnvelder hens (clean legged) as well as D'Uccle (feather footed) with Sebrite (clean legged) and all 50ish chicks that I have hatched so far have feather legs.
Yes! They should. But have you noticed, the Brahma X Clean legged produces far fewer feathers? I hope some one corrects me if I am wrong, but from the few hatches I have done, clean legged X feathered = roosters with fewer feathers than hens from same parents. The same with Feathered X clean. I had a cock once with 2 feathers on each leg. On pullets they had more feathers, but none on the middle toe.

Sjisty

Scribe of Brahmalot
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Brooksville
I don't know how the genetics work. I did have two black Brahma hens, two blue Brahma hens, and one blue splash Brahma roo, all with feathering on legs and feet, all in one breeding pen. I hatched about 30 or so chicks with about 6 of them clean legged and footed and another 6 or so with scant feathering on their legs and feet. Here's an example. These came from that breeding pen, which has since been disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom