Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just given a small Boy/girl Brahma the Breeder id not want this one shown on His Property i will get some photos tomarrow an talk about HUGE Vulture hocks LMAO hes cute will taste good Later

I have a seven month old golden partridge girl (pet/layer) with impressive "Cadillac Heels", as I call them. If anyone wants a picture I can grab one when it stops raining.

I have a seven month old golden partridge girl (pet/layer) with impressive "Cadillac Heels", as I call them. If anyone wants a picture I can grab one when it stops raining.

yuckyuck.gif

Last edited:
I have one buff brahma rooster in with all my hens and i have been hatching eggs because I thought the chicks would look cute. All of my hens are clean legged except for one. My question is, Are all my chicks going to have fuzzzy legs or will I get a clean legged one evry once in a while? I just had 15 chicks hatch and they all had fuzzy feet. (some more then others).

Thanks
I posted this a while back and I was told that I would always get chicks with fuzzy feet/legs. So Does that mean If I were to have a clean legged rooster that all of the chicks would be clean legged? I am not getting a clean legged roo, think I will just stick with one roo for now, just curious.

Thanks

First time with brahmas. There around 3 months or so. They don't drink a lot of water do they?? I hardly ever have to fill there bowl. Well I do for freshness stake. Even though it has been a bit on the cool side for down here in the high 60's.

I posted this a while back and I was told that I would always get chicks with fuzzy feet/legs. So Does that mean If I were to have a clean legged rooster that all of the chicks would be clean legged? I am not getting a clean legged roo, think I will just stick with one roo for now, just curious.

Thanks
It is my experience that feather leg is dominant. I am crossing a dark brahma roo with barnvelder hens (clean legged) as well as D'Uccle (feather footed) with Sebrite (clean legged) and all 50ish chicks that I have hatched so far have feather legs.

It is my experience that feather leg is dominant. I am crossing a dark brahma roo with barnvelder hens (clean legged) as well as D'Uccle (feather footed) with Sebrite (clean legged) and all 50ish chicks that I have hatched so far have feather legs.
Yes! They should. But have you noticed, the Brahma X Clean legged produces far fewer feathers? I hope some one corrects me if I am wrong, but from the few hatches I have done, clean legged X feathered = roosters with fewer feathers than hens from same parents. The same with Feathered X clean. I had a cock once with 2 feathers on each leg. On pullets they had more feathers, but none on the middle toe.

I don't know how the genetics work. I did have two black Brahma hens, two blue Brahma hens, and one blue splash Brahma roo, all with feathering on legs and feet, all in one breeding pen. I hatched about 30 or so chicks with about 6 of them clean legged and footed and another 6 or so with scant feathering on their legs and feet. Here's an example. These came from that breeding pen, which has since been disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom