Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the great info I called and found out that the wil Flock of Turkeys around here have a Upper res the guy said best thing i can to is keep them out of my yard ......... HMMMMM

Tests will be done on them this weekend as well as my Flock for issues Crossing fingers in the mean time they do not want me to treat for anything does that sound right ?

IM stumped because i have not had issues an they roost on my house every night ,

Maybe some fire crackers because they think my dog is one of them she is so sweet they are not afraid i watched 3 this am look like they had heat stroke ,

Thank you all for the great info I called and found out that the wil Flock of Turkeys around here have a Upper res the guy said best thing i can to is keep them out of my yard ......... HMMMMM

Tests will be done on them this weekend as well as my Flock for issues Crossing fingers in the mean time they do not want me to treat for anything does that sound right ?

IM stumped because i have not had issues an they roost on my house every night ,

Maybe some fire crackers because they think my dog is one of them she is so sweet they are not afraid i watched 3 this am look like they had heat stroke ,
They may not want you treat them because the treatment could confound the test results and they won't be able to figure it out. Or, they may just think it's better to treat them after you confirm the cause. I don't know. Has the sneezing and coughing moved through the flock or it is still the one bird? Is that bird sneezing and otherwise acting healthy, or is it getting worse?

Last edited:
Acting ok she seems find her with a mucus in her nose .
pretty sad the turkeys if they need treated know where my Pond is its fishless so will be safe to treat them with what ever i need .

So Sad

after having a read up

yes it seems that way

no mention of the word Vulture Hocks

but UK breed are far more profusely feathered in the feet than US versions

and its preferred that way

seems like my brahma has the perfect example of Vulture Hock

I will take a picture later so people can see what it is

im not fussed as its desired in UK birds

seems like my brahma has the perfect example of Vulture Hock

I will take a picture later so people can see what it is

im not fussed as its desired in UK birds
If you are not going to show, or sell eggs/chicks as show chickens and just let people know about the hocks then it shouldn't matter if you just have birds you enjoy. Brahma is a great breed all around, Vulture Hocks or no, they make a great flock bird

If you are not going to show, or sell eggs/chicks as show chickens and just let people know about the hocks then it shouldn't matter if you just have birds you enjoy. Brahma is a great breed all around, Vulture Hocks or no, they make a great flock bird

All and every single one of my keeper birds are PETS

no shows they are there for my and my families enjoyment

but it is still nice to have good examples

but with my Brahma the Hocks is ok as its desired in UK

Last edited:
I got a pic

it looks more pronounced and clearer up close and personal

the camera hasn't been able to capture it that well

Its a proper point at the joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back