Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys use on their legs if they seem a little dry? Something that doesnt gum up feathers too much!! No mites this is a bantam buff
I used the Castor Oil, it stays long and didn't really gum up...great for pests too...

Can any other Brahma owners tell me what this is on my Brahma rooster? It's his feet and legs that are red and now swollen. I'm going to try using Manna Pro Scaly Leg Mite spray and see if that's it. He used to have just red legs and now it's progressed to this.

Can any other Brahma owners tell me what this is on my Brahma rooster? It's his feet and legs that are red and now swollen. I'm going to try using Manna Pro Scaly Leg Mite spray and see if that's it. He used to have just red legs and now it's progressed to this.
Looks like bad case of scaley leg mite that got infected. I'd recommend soaking the legs in warm water with an antibacterial soap and/or povidone iodine. Scrape off any scaley gunk that is loosened. Then drip ivermectin on the areas that are scaley or swollen.

You can also soak the feet in warm water with some Epsom salts. I tend not to use betadine/provodone iodine alone as it is a disinfectant, but does not treat the infection, just removes the bacteria. I like to use triple antibiotic ointment, preferably with aloe vera to help with the healing. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom