Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second rooster is still trying to fully perk up. His hens are being mean to him and he won't stand up for him self.
Beautiful. The pictures also answer my question about the foot feathers on my cockerel.
love.gif

I just got this Brahma a couple of weeks ago. She is definitely a daddy's girl always following me around and loves to be held

D.gif
I managed to get two Light Brahma roosters from the Aldrich's this weekend. Both are SQ and HUGE even at nine months old. I will try to get pictures on here later. I got them both in the coop with my lights and trimmed butt feathers to get chicks rolling out soon. My light hens I showed didn't place. They just got first, second, and third because they were the only three light hens there
hmm.png

Cockerels. They are just pups yet, they will grow into it. What bloodlines are your females from ?

I have three hens from Dave Burchett and one hen I got last year from the Aldrichs. I put the smaller two light hens in with the larger, wider cockerel and put the two larger females in with the smaller male.

Four Corners Poultry Show.
Champion of Show - Buff pullet

Reserve Champion Feather-legged Light Cockerel Lindenborn lines

Champion in Show - Youth Show Buff pullet

Congrats! She is lovely! I was really sad that I couldn't make it there this year :(

Last edited:
OMG!! My light's have been through a bad molt for the last 1 1/2 months so haven't been laying. Why they went through a molt this time of year I have no idea. There this years chicks. But one laid an egg for the first time in that long and it was the biggest egg i have ever seen from any chicken. Actually the one she laid yesterday was even bigger.

The white eggs are X-large Leghorn eggs. Look at that thing.
ep.gif

OMG!! My light's have been through a bad molt for the last 1 1/2 months so haven't been laying. Why they went through a molt this time of year I have no idea. There this years chicks. But one laid an egg for the first time in that long and it was the biggest egg i have ever seen from any chicken. Actually the one she laid yesterday was even bigger. The white eggs are X-large Leghorn eggs. Look at that thing. :eek:
That poor girl!! I have a question for you good judges. Be honest, corrective critism needed! I plan to breed/show these guys. The kiddos will do 4-h for now. And when they grow up, hubby and I plan this to be a good hobby for us. So we want to have good lines. We've done the studying and spent the $ to get us started off on the right foot. I have Peterson lines to thank! I believe to mu untrained eye, type is here. But I wonder about the color around the neck. I will attempt to load a couple pics :) Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom