Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,...what he said. Wide and broad are two very descriptive words for the "ideal" Brahma. And yes, your birds do look healthy. Thanks Gary.

Tim

I hesitated if I should respond there or not. Not being trained in the ways of propane, and propane accessories, I did not feel qualified to speak in your stead. But wasn't sure how soon you would see it, and did not want someone running off thinking their birds weren't healthy.

I tell you what
Gary

Last edited:
I've recently joined this thread because I've become interested in Brahmas. Where does one obtain quality stock -- not hatchery? I'd prefer Large Fowl Buff, chicks or young adults.

Thanks,

Becky in (still freezing) North Dakota
you can see if this guy can help:
http://www.goldenfeatherfarm.com/brahmas.html
if not I was able to purchase two cockerels and one pullet from a guy in London, Ohio and am trying to hatch now, I am getting an egg about every 36 hours. After I get forty chicks for my program I can sell you some or I will give you the telephone number of the Ohio breeder. Send me a pm if you want his number.

The way I found mine was .... e-mailing the judges in the "Poultry Press" until I found out who won the National in Ohio and bought from that line.

I hesitated if I should respond there or not. Not being a trained in the ways of propane, and propane accessories, I did not feel qualified to speak in your stead. But wasn't sure how soon you would see it, and did not want someone running off thinking their birds weren't healthy.

I tell you what
Gary

Your name would not happen to be Hank Hill would it?

No....that would be ME. I am a Texan and sell propane for a living. Gary has way too much fun with it. I tell you what.

Tim

I plan to get apa sop book as soon as my budget allows. I have 9 brahmas from a dark and light cross. The roos look like lights while pullets are buff colored. Is there any way to eventually selectively breed these into a sq?

No.

I should explain. It would take FOREVER. It would require you to become a poultry genetics genius. You would spend more money on feed raising the number of birds it would require than I can imagine. You would be better off time and money wise to save and spend the money on the BEST foundation stock you can afford. That would cost a mere drop in the bucket compared to trying to breed up to "SQ"(whatever that is?). So in summation......NO.

Tim

Thank u. I had no intentions of raising sq when i got these chicks. Just curious. Do any of u know where i can get a bargain on a used copy of sop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom