Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinder I can see the mottling. I just love the mille fluer colors. I just started with the bantam cochins. Didnt know what I had as I bought the eggs at auction only to find out later they were Tates here on the forum and he was selling out. Now I wish I would have gotten more eggs as only 4 hatched and I am down to 3 little ones. Doing Mille brahmas is an excellent idea. I kind of like the calico that is being worked on as well The same mille fluer pattern only alot more white. The combination of colors makes a beautiful bird.

I just found this thread and now I am wondering about what breed I have in a couple of my new ones. I posted pics of them in the what breed/gender section because I was concerned I had a few roo's. There was one mention of the Light Brahma in the picture, I was supposed to have all EE's (sold as Ameraucana...). I have had them a week, was told they were 12 weeks when I got them. So at 13 weeks if I have a Light Brahma or even if they are Light Brahma x Ameraucana crossed to get EE's, should I look at any degree of comb development as more likely a roo? If there is any bit of ear muff/beard growing they are for sure not all Light Brahma right? Only 1 has a couple of feathers starting on the legs at all. Do Light Brahma pullets/hens have any green tail feathers?

Thanks,
Kim

Well, let me see if I can get a pic or two up of my 4 week old pullets.............

37838_474155828834_812048834_6538546_6862356_n.jpg

Ann (Wilson)

38310_474157523834_812048834_6538606_6763743_n.jpg

Nancy (Wilson)

38969_474156608834_812048834_6538570_2729463_n.jpg

Ann and Nancy with Joan (Jett) (Ameracauna) in tow.

Last edited:
To all of the newcomers, welcome to the Brahma thread. Loving the pictures!

While looking at my 18 week chickens. I am amazed how different they have become. Our Brahma, Feather Heather, is the 'queen bee' of our flock.

Quote:
John sold his lf dark brahma stock. I talked with him via email earlier this year. I think he told me he sold them to Superior Farms which is now out of business. I wish I would have gotten some but who knows where they are now.

Just wanted to show one of my better pullets from this spring's hatch. I hope she does well at the shows this fall.
60393_resize_pullet_1.jpg

60393_resize_pullet_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom